X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for interests sake....

4th year in the NFL:

QBR 85.9, 60.2%, 3620 yards, 23 TD 12 INT, 5 Fumbles Lost

This is Tom Brady - Lock for Hall of Fame, 4 time Superbowl winner, in the conversation for the greatest QB of all time.

vs

​QBR 93.8, 63.6%, 4038 yards, 28 TDs 13 INT, 3 Fumbles Lost

This is Aaron Rogers - Superbowl winner, a true franchise QB and perennial pro bowler

vs

QBR 84.1%, 62.7%, 4131 yards, 26 TDs 23 INT, 3 Fumbles lost.

This is Peyton Manning - Lock first ballot Hall of Famer, 5 time MVP, Superbowl winner and in the conversation for the best of all time.

vs.

QBR 88.7, 61.7%, 4208 yards, 24 TDs 12 INT, 3 Fumbles Lost

This is "total bum never will be a franchise QB" Ryan Tannehill.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-20-2016, 08:18 PM.

Thank you Alpha! Not saying Tanehill will live up to the others or come close but........ He can be a good game manager or better and......... Good enough to win us a Superbowl or 2. Off course with a good cast around him. It all starts with coaching and putting our players in the best position to win.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

• Alpha
      Alpha commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right. I'm not saying he will be as good as those other three. But, without great talent around him and with a horrible OL, he certainly wasn't outclassed by those 3 in their 4th season. With a better team (particularly OL) and a coach who can help him - and not stab him in the back - I think he'll continue to improve. I'd love to see him reach the levels of those 3, but he doesn't have to do that to be very successful. I'm not asking for a Hall of Famer....but I would like a guy who can do his job and lead the team to wins consistently.

It's a shame for Tannehill that garbage time stats won't get him that Gold Jacket or a Super Bowl.

He must learn how to sense pressure. (Good luck trying to teach a QB that in his 5th season in the NFL) He must learn how to NOT lock on to his primary receiver. (Teachable, but he should already know this by now) He must trust his receivers and have confidence in his arm and sling it and not worry so much about throwing an interception. (Teachable) He must use his legs more. (Teachable, but should know this already) He has to learn how to read defenses!! (He was allowed to audible in his last four games or so and didn't know what he was doing. There would be a run play called, the defense was obviously stacking the box, and Tannehill would not audible out of the run play. That should be natural, to a natural quarterback) He throws to receivers who are blanketed, short of the first down marked and 3rd downs WAY too often. (Teachable, but again, he should know this already) Gase and Co. have their work cut out for them with this project "quarterback".

Comment

• Alpha
      Alpha commented
      Editing a comment
      Do the math - those numbers add up to being down 6 to 3 as an average after one quarter.

• DolphinsFreak
      DolphinsFreak commented
      Editing a comment
      No need to do the math. It equates to a Ryan Tannehill led offense to NO TOUCHDOWNS in the first quarter, period, end of discussion.

• Alpha
      Alpha commented
      Editing a comment
      That's not correct either, bud. He actually passed for 3 TDs and Miami had 2 more Rushing in the First Quarter. I was just quoting averages.

If the overall offense and play calling hadn't forced him to constantly operate out of 3rd and long situations all season, he'd have had a great year. 3rd down is what killed us - either with execution or penalties on the OL, TEs, and WRs...

Compare him to several other playoff QBs... Matt Ryan, Alex, Smith, etc... guys who perform well when their surrounding cast also performs well and who looks bad when their cast looks bad.

Again, he's not elite, but he's easily Top 10-12 and still ascending as even though he didn't have a better season that the previous one, he did improve his downfield accuracy and other less noticeable areas. Next season should be a much better for him with Gase working with him and not against him...

Comment

• Alpha
      Alpha commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the thing though - on 3rd and long (or in the 4th quarter playing one dimensionally trying to catch up) the Defense is going to attack. Against our NOLine, that's when they got the sacks, the picks etc. They couldn't keep the pressure off, so it limited Tannehill's ability to deliver in those situations. There are very VERY few QBs who consistently make big plays and shine when getting hit or heavily pressured. The ones that do? They often get busts in Canton.

Tannehill has been the most sacked QB in the NFL over his 4 years. Yes, I agree he takes some hanging onto the ball to not throw a pick...but I can't imagine anyone who knows anything about football would say our line hasn't been one of the weakest in the league recently. I don't think a good line would transform him into Marino Jr - but I think he'd play significantly better, make more big plays, hit more deep passes and win more games.
      Last edited by Alpha; 01-20-2016, 09:17 PM.

I truly believe that Gase studied Tanehill and decided that Miami offered the best chance for his own success.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

You add some healthy competition, good coaching, 1.2. punch power run game and a top 5 oline, RT can get us to the playoffs and possibly the big show....I would like to see Coker in RD 5 and Henry in the 2nd.. Then go all out on D and oline.. That includes FA

Comment

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        Henry in the 2nd? Think he'll last that long? Are we re-signing Miller?

Got to say, a stable of Miller, Ajayi, and Henry instead of Williams would rock...

Agree with the rest... lol...

• HndRkyaBong34
        HndRkyaBong34 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah, believe so.. Henry won't go in the 1st.. Yes on Miller, Sign him to a handsome short term Contract, 2-3 year Max... Having That rotation with the addition of a few Fat boys up front would be very hard to stop.. Plus, that will open up to pass game twofold....It would be the meanest back field in the NFL....Period... Redzone and 1st downs would improve greatly... Plus having 2 Bama team mates would be a interesting dynamic combo at those 2 positions..
        Last edited by HndRkyaBong34; 01-21-2016, 12:17 AM.

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
      4th year in the NFL:

QBR 85.9, 60.2%, 3620 yards, 23 TD 12 INT, 5 Fumbles Lost

This is Tom Brady - Lock for Hall of Fame, 4 time Superbowl winner, in the conversation for the greatest QB of all time.

vs

​QBR 93.8, 63.6%, 4038 yards, 28 TDs 13 INT, 3 Fumbles Lost

This is Aaron Rogers - Superbowl winner, a true franchise QB and perennial pro bowler

vs

QBR 84.1%, 62.7%, 4131 yards, 26 TDs 23 INT, 3 Fumbles lost.

This is Peyton Manning - Lock first ballot Hall of Famer, 5 time MVP, Superbowl winner and in the conversation for the best of all time.

vs.

QBR 88.7, 61.7%, 4208 yards, 24 TDs 12 INT, 3 Fumbles Lost

This is "total bum never will be a franchise QB" Ryan Tannehill.

It should be interesting how he performs this year with new coaches, final year of an option contract, new and improved oline and another year trying to connect with very good recievers. He has shown flashes and has also shown regression against the good teams/pressure games. I got a feeling that he will continue to be an average qb with another year of a bad oline since it seems that the key players always get hurt. If somehow he can roll out more and scramble like he use to do and the OC can design plays to maximize his skill set, and audible more, and not give up on the running game, and blah, blah, blah, who knows what will happen... The key is the oline though, give him a few seconds to throw and the offensive will be more productive like it was 2 years ago. Even a bad team with no running game can make the playoffs given the qb enough time to throw ala the redskins.

Comment

• Dolfan1
        Dolfan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the group and good post.

Honestly. this could be Tanny last year to prove it...let's see what he can do with a decent...not even elite OL before we start throwing him out the door...

Get him 1 decent Guard and ensure we have depth at the OL in case of injury and let's see what he can do....the worst decision we made this past offseason was putting to much "hope" on two rookie guards that honestly should be cut.

Bring in Mathis or the kid from Balt and let see what he can do

Comment

• London Fish & Chips
        London Fish & Chips commented
        Editing a comment
        If we only give him one guard, he'll only get less killed than years past, he needs to have at least three very good players....

• DolphinsFreak
        DolphinsFreak commented
        Editing a comment
        If Mathis is available they should sign him asap and also sign Osemele and make that left side impenetrable.

• Bahamas
        Bahamas commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm down with that...Mathis and Ose....would make the Oline legit...assuming no one gets hurt.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X