Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restructure Contracts / Free Agent Signings ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restructure Contracts / Free Agent Signings ?

The Miami Dolphins offseason is approaching. As everyone knows the Dolphins has some cap issues that they need to address. There are moves that they can make within their current roster to clear up some cap space. On the other hand there are also some free agents that they might need to want to keep on their roster and that of course is going to force them to take a cap hit.

So, what type of moves would you make if you were the GM of the Miami Dolphins? Which player(s) would you want to restructure their contracts? Which players would you want to trade or cut? Which Free Agents would you want to re-sign and keep on the roster?

Miami Dolphins Possible Restructure Candidates

Branden Albert - 9.4 Million

Mike Pouncey - 8.95 Million

Cameron Wake - 6.6 Million

Brent Grimes - 8 Million

Dion Jordan - 5.1 Million

Koa Misi - 4.25 Million

Earl Mitchell - 4 Million

Miami Dolphins Free Agents

Matt Moore

Lamar Miller

Olivier Vernon

Kelvin Shepard

Shelly Smith

Rishard Matthews

Spenser Paysinger

Jake Stoneburner

Your Thoughts ?

Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post
    The Miami Dolphins offseason is approaching. As everyone knows the Dolphins has some cap issues that they need to address. There are moves that they can make within their current roster to clear up some cap space. On the other hand there are also some free agents that they might need to want to keep on their roster and that of course is going to force them to take a cap hit.

So, what type of moves would you make if you were the GM of the Miami Dolphins? Which player(s) would you want to restructure their contracts? Which players would you want to trade or cut? Which Free Agents would you want to re-sign and keep on the roster?

Miami Dolphins Possible Restructure Candidates

Branden Albert - 9.4 Million

Mike Pouncey - 8.95 Million

Cameron Wake - 6.6 Million

Brent Grimes - 8 Million

Dion Jordan - 5.1 Million

Koa Misi - 4.25 Million

Earl Mitchell - 4 Million

Miami Dolphins Free Agents

Matt Moore

Lamar Miller

Olivier Vernon

Kelvin Shepard

Shelly Smith

Rishard Matthews

Spenser Paysinger

Jake Stoneburner

Your Thoughts ?
    Albert, Pouncey - I would look to restructure to gain some additional cap space.

Wake, Grimes, Misi, Mitchell, Jennings - I would release them.

Jordan - I hope he is ready to contribute. I read somewhere that if he gets suspended again then his salary comes off the books and we get that cap space back. So hopefully he either gets serious about football or he gets suspended again.

Miller, OV, Shepard - I would look to resign them.

You forgot about Shelby, he is also a free agent and I would also look to resign him.

I would like to have Matthews back but I think he wants to leave and he will be too expensive.
    Last edited by FTLDOLFAN; 01-16-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post

Albert, Pouncey - I would look to restructure to gain some additional cap space.

Wake, Grimes, Misi, Mitchell, Jennings - I would release them.

Jordan - I hope he is ready to contribute. I read somewhere that if he gets suspended again then his salary comes off the books and we get that cap space back. So hopefully he either gets serious about football or he gets suspended again.

Miller, OV, Shepard - I would look to resign them.

You forgot about Shelby, he is also a free agent and I would also look to resign him.

I would like to have Matthews back but I think he wants to leave and he will be too expensive.
      I would like to restructure the contracts of Albert, Pouncey, Wake, Misi and Grimes. I do not think Pouncey or Grimes would be willing to restructure so I would let Grimes go if he wouldn't and I would think about Trading Pouncey if I can find a center in free agency.

I think Vernon will probably be asking for way too much money so I am not sure I would want to resign him. If he wants to give a hometown discount, tax free, then I would consider it.

I would try resigning Miller, even though I think he can be replaced in the draft and I also believe Ajayi will be taking over the position in the near future. If Matthews is reasonable I would try resigning him but if he is asking a lot then I would let him go.

I agree with you about Shelby.

I didn't put Cameron on this list because in my opinion he is too valuable to let go and I don't believe he will want to restructure his contract because the playcalling and QB were not doing their jobs.

Comment

I also would be putting out Pouncey and Jordan names for a trade. Be inventive. Just get a feel for the market. Not that you have to do anything. No more, " there is nothing we could do." You never know. Jordan might fetch a 7th from the Niners. Jordan back on the WC with Kelly. Pouncey has never made any guard around him better. If you can get a 1 for him, consider it.

Comment

I wish we had more information about Dion Jordan. We don't know if he's been working out really hard to try and prove everyone wrong about him being a bust or if he is spending all his money while sitting around eating and smoking weed.

I would trade Pouncey too.

Comment

The more I think about it the more I would rather keep Albert and kick him inside to guard and just restructure his contract accordingly. If he could stay healthy it could really help out the o-line tremendously. I would still want the Dolphins to bring in competition and/or some depth on the offensive line in all areas.
            Last edited by DolphinsFreak; 01-19-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X