HC rumors/requested interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC rumors/requested interviews

I figured I would make a thread that we can list them all. Matt maybe sticky this?

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero
    The #Dolphins put in a request to interview #49ers OC Mike McDaniel for their head coaching job, per source. The Yale grad is Kyle Shanahan's longtime right-hand man and run-game guru.
    This one is interesting. I always wanted the Shanahan offense here for Tannehill.

Comment

Already posted this on another thread but thought I'd add it to this one...

Brian Daboll is our first interview request..

Per Barry Jackson

Bills OC and firmer Fins assistant Brian Daboll, 46, is first confirmed Fins interview request, per @RapSheet .. Bears also want to talk to him
      The Dynamic Duo ! - BOOM! POW!

Comment

So the Bears are wanting to interview Flores and they have requested permission to interview Ireland. That's should be a fun staff and front office.

Comment

• Wulf
          Wulf commented
          Editing a comment
          O just read that one myself! LOL, if they thought Grier/Flo was bad, just WAIT for that sh-show!

Originally posted by ONole1 View Post
        So the Bears are wanting to interview Flores and they have requested permission to interview Ireland. That's should be a fun staff and front office.
        Are they going to hire Adam Gase to be their OC ?
        “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by PhinPhan68 View Post

Are they going to hire Adam Gase to be their OC ?
          nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero
            The #Dolphins put in a request to interview #Cowboys DC Dan Quinn for their head coaching job, per source. Four teams have sent out interview slips so far, and DQ is on all four lists.
            Beasley says this name has legs. I could be behind Quinn

Comment

• AquaXI
              AquaXI commented
              Editing a comment
              Quinn is interesting. Not sure what happened at the end in Atlanta but he did start his career there very well.

• Idahomer
              Idahomer commented
              Editing a comment
              I like Quinn a lot. Very much a players coach and a guy who isn't afraid to hire solid assistants like Flores appeared to be. Quinn had guys like Matt Laleur, Richard Smith, Raheem Morris, Terry Robiski, and our old friend Brian Cox..

• Kato
              Kato commented
              Editing a comment
              While i still believe that Flores did not "want" to hire superior assistants who might outshine him and therefore lessen his need to control everything, reading about what a ****head he was makes me think all the great assistant coaches went hime andngot root canals instead.

Originally posted by ONole1 View Post

Beasley says this name has legs. I could be behind Quinn
            Didn't the Falcons develop a habit of losing games in excruciatingly painful ways with him as their HC?

Comment

The Miami Dolphins put in a request to interview San Francisco O.C. Mike McDaniel, according to The NFL Network. McDaniel doesn't call the 49ers offensive plays -- Kyle Shanahan does -- but McDaniel is the architect of the 49ers' cutting-edge run scheme and everyone knows it.

The Dolphins interviewed McDaniel last year to be their offensive coordinator, but didn't hire him. It's possible his interview didn't go well. His interviews with the media typically are awkward, because he stammers and talks in circles and does not come across as an NFL coach or a leader of men.
              “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ian Rapoport
                @RapSheet
                · 12m
                The #Dolphins have put in requests to interview #Cowboys OC Kellen Moore and #AZCardinals DC Vance Joseph for their vacant HC job, sources say.

Here's Kellen Moore and now Vance Joseph.. Come on down... You're the next contestants on the phins are right...

Comment

• Seadog
                  Seadog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please say you don't mean Vance from our team a while back....He went to Denver and was a complete mess....

• Idahomer
                  Idahomer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, our former DC then the Denver head coach.

• IMAWriter
                  IMAWriter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If they hire Vance Joseph how can we continue to follow the disfunction?

Would luv McDaniel as the OC not sure bout heacoach but ya never know he could be the next big thing. Just whomever comes needs to put together a good staff.

Comment

So here's some options...

Hire NO LESS, understand NO LESS, than a OC or DC, that doesn't mean some D LB Coach turned HC, it means one that has EXCELLED IN HIS COORDINATOR POSITION and NOT his subcoordinator position....With this you will still have some growing pains as they aren't as seasoned with some of those tough play calling abilities, as an experienced HC that has seen and been through the quick decisions needed to win a close fought game at the end. As what happened here in Dolphinland, experience in hiring Coordinators, won't be as great, but I would assume that the Dolphins aren't just interviewing for HC position but could also be looking at Coordinators that have been pre-screened for the next HC to at least look at.

Next, hire a HC that is or already has been a HC. STOP!!!! That doesn't mean an HC that failed miserably, that all the NFL or Sports networks are calling the "Greatest Coach Ever", for what ever reason.... This will give the Dolphins the best chance to turn this around quicker. Has better knowledge of OC's and DC's and could bring in a higher quality Coordinator, if he's a respected HC. There are a few out there, NOT MANY. Most are retreads that have not and more than likely will not make it as HC. Example, Wade Phillips, might be the greatest DC that has played the game, but never made it as HC, went back to what he knows as DC and did very well. Fangio, better at DC, failed miserably in Denver as HC, need to go back to what HE does best.

All this is really moot though, as I feel the real problem is Sudoku Player GM that is brain dead and has been for 20 years. I go back to the last HC interviewing process, NOT ONE REAL HC CANDIDATE would even talk with these Bozos.....The best we got was a JV D LB Coach that called all BB's plays, yea right.....

Comment

• Wulf
                    Wulf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not a fan of Grier, but these repetitive claims that HE is responsible for all the GM moves of the past 20 yrs are ridiculous!
                    Funny I never heard HIS name mentioned when we bashed GM Spielman (VP of Personnel 2000-2003 and GM 2004) Randy Mueller (2005–2007) and then GM Ireland (2008–2013)

• Seadog
                    Seadog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We know what moves he did make, it's in his Miami Bio....

This team has had a losing culture for quite some time, Grier IS part of that culture, like it or not, he wasn't or was he in the closet playing sudoku? Either way he wasn't part of a winning culture. Who picked Flores?

I'm less concerned with the name of the HC than I am with their ability to bring in top coordinators, and allow THEM to do THEIR jobs, while the HC exudes DISCIPLINE and FOCUS.
                  A man who gets the team fired up, and who uses their head regarding challenges and clock management!

Comment

• Seadog
                    Seadog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Then you're going to need a HC with experience that has a proven past....

• Wulf
                    Wulf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just saying these facets are more important than the name...

I guess Pederson or Quinn would be my choice thinking 2nd time around would make them better. Harbaugh YES and brings credibility. I love Bowles and think he is one of the best DCs out there but just a gawd awful HC. Not in the mood for another chance on the next great HC.

Comment

The #Dolphins have requested permission to interview #Bills DC Leslie Frazier, source said. He also has a slip from the #Bears.

Comment

• HndRkyaBong34
                      HndRkyaBong34 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Frazier would be no different than going after the Patriots DC….

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X