What if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if...

I read on FH that Coughlin's agent met with Ross earlier in the year about the possibility of coaching in Miami. The person that posted this has no link, but just something he heard from someone close to the Giants, so take it for what it's worth.

Say he did want to come to Miami, and Miami wanted him. Could he possibly come in here with the mind set that he is grooming DC? While I don't see TC as a long term answer he could be a short term bridge to change the culture and mentor DC so Miami can keep him on staff and not lose him. DC could be the long term solution. Make him the Assistant HC and an offensive assistant. He could spend a lot of time with the OC and learn more about the X's and O'x and how to put game plans together.

Would be an on the job training situation. I do think DC has a bright future as a HC, but just don't think he is ready yet.

that's a situation i could be on board with!
    miami players would still have DC highly involved and ross would have his high profile coach and miami would have a vet in control of the team and that's what a lot of people seem to want!

Comment

Yeah, when I thought about this I got on board very quickly. The more I think about it the more I like it...which means it wont happen...LOL

Comment

• Idahomer
        Idahomer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that would be the best of both worlds.

That's by far the best coaching situation I have seen so far.

Comment

Man, that could possibly be the best solution for a team like Miami that has like zero discipline and zero identity as they stand right now...A no-nonsense guy like Coughlin who has a pretty damn good resume grooming a guy who could be a younger version of himself for the future..I think most of us have stated that we love dc & his fresh outlook & tough-guy attitude but that we just don't think he's ready..Could this be a perfect solution??

Coughlin is a bit older than i'd ideally want in our next HC, and IMO he (or his OC) made a shit-ton of mistakes this season that cost the Giants the NFC East title..but he's possibly a better option than most of what's out there for us, and if they think DC's the longterm answer, it just might work!

Comment

A lot of love for Parcells' former WR coach. lol...

I'd be on-board with him taking over and mentoring DC for sure.

Odd that in 12 years of HC with the Giants, his win loss record was only 12 to the better at 102 wins and 90 losses. That said, 3 Division Titles, 5 playoff trips, and 2 SBs - where they beat the Pats each time.

Comment

My concern with TC is I question some of his play calling the last year or two. Makes me wonder if perhaps he isn't going a bit senile. At any rate, not sure he'd want to take a contract that is only for a couple years. Hate to say it but I can see DC walking away and going to another team which is what I said would happen when he first took the interim job. It's gonna cost us a damn good position coach.
            While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

New York! New York!

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
                DolphinsFreak commented
                Editing a comment
                Aha...........man, you say a lot, without saying much. I need to practice your art form.

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post
              My concern with TC is I question some of his play calling the last year or two. Makes me wonder if perhaps he isn't going a bit senile. At any rate, not sure he'd want to take a contract that is only for a couple years. Hate to say it but I can see DC walking away and going to another team which is what I said would happen when he first took the interim job. It's gonna cost us a damn good position coach.

I think his play calling was based off his roster. Jerry Reese has really done a bad job with that roster over the last 4 years and it has very little talent outside of a few players.

Comment

• Dolfan1
                Dolfan1 commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL. Matt needs to stop playing with this page, I can't give you a like cus it says I'm not authorized to view this page. LMAO!!!

I'm on Board with this scenario. Besides Mcadoo might follow and be our OC. Tom don't need to worry cause barking Campbell will keep them in order,
              The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

• Phinatic514
                Phinatic514 commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly, I love this idea. The most important thing is that we DON' LOSE DC. I believe he is our future. The players have his back, and that's just as important as playcalling. Although Coughlin is old and gray, he would be a great mentor for DC. Again, it's most important we don't let DC go. Are you listening Ross?

Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post
              I read on FH that Coughlin's agent met with Ross earlier in the year about the possibility of coaching in Miami. The person that posted this has no link, but just something he heard from someone close to the Giants, so take it for what it's worth.

Say he did want to come to Miami, and Miami wanted him. Could he possibly come in here with the mind set that he is grooming DC? While I don't see TC as a long term answer he could be a short term bridge to change the culture and mentor DC so Miami can keep him on staff and not lose him. DC could be the long term solution. Make him the Assistant HC and an offensive assistant. He could spend a lot of time with the OC and learn more about the X's and O'x and how to put game plans together.

Would be an on the job training situation. I do think DC has a bright future as a HC, but just don't think he is ready yet.
              ‚ÄčThis is the thinking I'm having with Mike Shanahan as well.

Comment

I would be on board with this with either TC or MS. I would like to keep DC as I believe he will be a great HC in the future. Just not quite ready for it yet.

Comment

Coughlin would be an intriguing choice, though I am still wondering why everyone is high on DC. Did I miss something where our tight ends were great under his tutelage ?

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
                    DolphinsFreak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's one of those Dolphins Anamalies ..........The tight ends didn't play at a high level. But, there are so many other things you can blame that on. SO, let's roll this dice and hire him as the Dolphins next head coach and see if the tight ends didn't excel because of play calling and poor decisions by the quarterback. Yeah, that sounds like something the Dolphins would do. The Blame Game and coming up with excuses is "The Dolphins Way". I wish they would wake up and just start emulating The Patriot Way, since their way seems to be working.
                    Last edited by DolphinsFreak; 01-07-2016, 12:14 PM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X