• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need Watson.

Tua ain't got IT.

Tua is going to be fine.

Comment

Dan...now I can see why some of the fellers here ain't so pleased with my Grier mantra...though I'm 100% correct. Still, perhaps it DOES get old.It gets OLD. That said, the difference is, I have facts on my side...as was plain today. Maybe not next game, but THIS one...

Tua was as much responsible for this loss as I was. I'm not saying he couldn't have maybe made a play out of the starting mad rush of the Bills pass rush...but it was abundantly clear the line has regressed under another bad Flores hire, Lem Jeanpierre. This is also the price you pay for getting greedy with having low salaried rookies and 2nd year guys all over crucial positions. Penny wise, pound foolish. No good veteran Free agents on the O-Line, and bad ones signed to the defense, subsequently cut/traded after one un impressive year.

IF Tua proves NOT to be up to the moment, the Fins will have to make a move. Most here know I wouldn't trust the present FO with that move...though I absolutely have no issues with the Tua signing. Great kid, proven winner in college. They didn't scout Herbert...neither Flo nor Grier attended Herbert's pro day. Who knows. Until 2022 rolls around, I'm solidly in the Tua camp.JMO.
      Last edited by IMAWriter; 09-19-2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks...It's the truth. As I see it, and based on the game thread comments from others not named IMA, a few others understand what I'm speaking of. As always, I say...take a half hour an look at rosters of other team...those who have been historically...say 15 years better than the Dolphins. In fairness, Ross made some bad coaching hires. Blame Ross and Tannenbaum for Gase.

• Wulf
        Wulf commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, you have ZERO "advantage", except in your own opinion.
        Right or wrong are actually immaterial in the obnoxious post category...
        ESPECIALLY since you constantly use distortions of the truth to lay blame

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        Wulf....y'all in deep panic mode. It's football...and tell me there aren't a half dozen..or more rosters that make the the Fins look like dreck in comparison.

NOT Watson...unless you're happy waiting till 2024...if that.
      Tannehill may be available....haha

Comment

Watson ain’t gonna do shit… we need smart drafting and someone who knows how to build and coach the trenches… oh and a RB that I’ve been preaching about since Ricky Williams….

Comment

• HndRkyaBong34
          HndRkyaBong34 commented
          Editing a comment
          You don’t draft a injured players… period…

• AquaXI
          AquaXI commented
          Editing a comment
          I think we need to pay HC salary for a Oline Coach! Bring that guy in

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          You make too much sense here. Watch your back...

Not only do we need Watson, we need an OL.

Comment

• phinfanfrom70s
          phinfanfrom70s commented
          Editing a comment
          what is watson going to do with defensive players in his face seconds after the snap?
          Oh. I know he will be carted off the field like Tua!!!!!
          can't run ,can't pass unless it's 5 yrds past the LOS because the receivers have only that much time.

• FTLDOLFAN
          FTLDOLFAN commented
          Editing a comment
          I said we also need an OL.

Just say NO to Watson.

Comment

Why can Watson play o-line?!?

Comment

Not saying we need Watson but Watson did lead the Texans to the playoffs 3/4 years with a worse oline - his line was absolutely garbage with Houston

Comment

• Wulf
              Wulf commented
              Editing a comment
              Houston's line was bad, but not worse than Miami's...

I saidnit weeks ago and I'll stand by it...Tua will be replaced in week 8....lets wait and see.

The o-line is clearly the biggest problem and we will never know how Tua would perform with a better O-line. That said, Brissett with the same O-line has always looked better - and that's all we can compare to at the moment.

Watson? I don't know, it's just too risky at the moment till we know how his lawsuits go.

Comment

• Nategonzalez87
              Nategonzalez87 commented
              Editing a comment
              What world are u living in that brisset has ever looked better than Tua? Brisset got his shot this week and looked worse than Tua by faaaaaarr

Watson is amazing... But he is not the solution here.

Comment

I agree on this. Miami absolutely needs Watson. I get the moral issues with people, and while morally what he's accused of doing isn't good at all, at this point it doesn't appear he has broken the law. I could be wrong, but there has been no warrants, no criminal charges, and no arrest. I believe his issues will stay as civil cases and he will pay these women and move on. He may serve a small suspension for moral conduct at some point, but doubt it will be for more than 4 games.

Like him or not as a person, he's an elite QB in the NFL and he just turned 26. He's the type of QB that can turn chicken $hit into chicken salad. The NFL today needs QB's that excel when everything breaks down. Tua is not that guy and Watson is.

Go get him, get him in Miami and build around him. There would have to be clauses in the trade to protect Miami, but go make it happen. I'd also fire or demote Studs and keep Godsey as the ONLY OC.

Comment

• Idahomer
                Idahomer commented
                Editing a comment
                Hard to argue.. With Taylor going down in Houston they may be motivated to make something happen sooner than later. At this point we need a QB that can run for his life at any moment and still make a play. Watson fits that bill. Also if Tua isn't the guy, and at this point it's hard to argue that he is, we need to move on. We won't find a guy like Watson in the draft. Also with the criticism CG and BF are getting with their draft picks, who really cares if we don't have any? We can't seem to pick a solid starter in the first round anyway so who gives a crap if we give them away at this point.

• AquaXI
                AquaXI commented
                Editing a comment
                I can see your point, while Watson allegedly did much worst than Peyton Manning, Manning did have to settle a sexual harassment case for when he was in College. ( I think he mooned a female athlete ) She ended up making a living on that alone!

• IMAWriter
                IMAWriter commented
                Editing a comment
                Homer....you said " Also with the criticism CG and BF are getting with their draft picks, who really cares if we don't have any? We can't seem to pick a solid starter in the first round anyway so who gives a crap if we give them away at this point."
                OK. I could SWEAR I've something to that effect, at least once. You make sense. Before I saw this comment, I posted somewhat similar, though not as concisely as you. Good work. There's hope for you...and a few others yet.

I’m sure Tua is out a couple weeks. We know what Brisset is,Why not try Sinnet? Maybe we could have a hidden Heineicke.

Comment

• IMAWriter
                IMAWriter commented
                Editing a comment
                Not necessarily. Tua's in pain, but no serious issues. A vest, and he can play, if he can throw without pain, and while wearing the protection.

Originally posted by Dan13 View Post
              Tua ain't got IT.
              By "It" are you referring to a perverted mind?
              While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

• IMAWriter
                IMAWriter commented
                Editing a comment
                Good one! No one can, or should say Tua doesn't have guts and heart. BTW, something I never saw of Herbert in college. Yesterday, Josh Allen whiled like a girly boy, drawing a Brady-esque flag for a bump. When next they meet, as I said somewhere...Fins should have a 9 man line on their first defensive play, and do their best to crush Allen, The Fins showed no fight yesterday

Originally posted by 39Zonk View Post
              I’m sure Tua is out a couple weeks. We know what Brisset is,Why not try Sinnet? Maybe we could have a hidden Heineicke.
              Sinnet is the least mobile of all of them. He'll get absolutely killed with this oline. IMO Brisset gives us the best opportunity to win with his size and ability to shake off a sack or two and scramble a bit. Until we get this oline fixed no QB is going to look good in this offense.

Comment

• IMAWriter
                IMAWriter commented
                Editing a comment
                That is hard to deny. So I won't.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X