Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game #3: What will you be looking for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason Game #3: What will you be looking for?

Typically, as we all know, game three is when the starters play the first half and maybe a series into the third quarter. This will be the most complete look at the team we will get before we kick it off with the Redskins. What do you want to see tonight? What will be the key areas you want to see improve to feel good about this team heading into the season?

And...discuss.

I want to see how Tannehill plays with an actual game plan in place, perhaps it will give us a better idea of what he'll look like under actual game conditions. I know I said we should sit him because of the porous condition of the line right now but I know that is unrealistic and he will play. He's made strides all three years he has been here so maybe this is the year he puts it all together. Other than that, I just want us to come out of the game with no serious injuries.
    only a fool seeks peace by inciting violence

Comment

Offensive Line ! I will be focusing my attention of the 0-line to see if these coaches have put together a unit that can protect Tannehill enough to give him the time he needs while opening up holes for Miller and the gang.

I will also be watching how the chemistry is between Tannehill and the new receiving group. It should be interesting. I am hoping he has time to air it out a few times. In the last game he went 0-2 on the long balls and was sacked on another play where he intended to go deep. On one pass he looked terrible, on the other he threw a beautiful pass to Cameron. I can't wait to see what he does in this game. AND, I will be licking my chops while watching the DEFENSE play as well. Let's just hope that the NFL Network airs the ENTIRE GAME or I might just throw my remote through the television. Aha

Comment

Unfortunately i don't think i'll be watching the game here in Virginia Beach (I used to be able to watch all of the preseason games by paying NFL.Com $20 & having them streamed to my computer, they have unfortunately stopped doing that so i might be a bit in the dark)...

What i'm hoping to see (using the term figuratively) is continued improvement along the O-Line, i don't know how potent Atlanta's D-line is supposed to be but with concerns along our line even more magnified by Thomas having to kick out to LT, i'm just hoping Tannehill makes it out alive! Also, still waiting to see some pressure put on opposing QB's, so far our pass rush has been pretty anemic as Cutler, Clausen, Newton & Anderson have pretty much had all day to sit back & look for the open receiver. I'm looking foe Tannehill to continue his consistent ways (He's looked pretty damn good so far!)

I also look for Cameron to be used more, i watched a lot of Cameron with the Browns and he's a valuable weapon who can make plays all over the field but so far has been totally a non-factor with us..As the old adage goe; it's hard to score when you're not in the game, we need to get this guy involved!

Lastly, we need to get some better play from our LB's, their overall play has been really sub-par so far (especially dropping back into coverage), & our interior run defense needs to stop allowing the big run!

Comment

• Wulf
          Wulf commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.nfl.com/gamepass/domestic
          Free 7 day trial, and you can even watch the games from the other two weeks. Just be sure to cancel before the trial ends, unless you want to keep it for the entire year, (They play the entire game, unlike DirecTV)

• Driven_Phinsane!
          Driven_Phinsane! commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys, NFL.Com's Game Pass is what i've always used in the past but now they want $100 bucks for the preseason live plus taped coverage of the regular season; have to say thanks but no thanks to that! I know about their 7 day free trial, it's how i was able to watch the first game against the Bears, but as Wulf said i had to cancel right after or would've been charged the full amount. Luckily(??) for me the Panthers game was shown locally...I'm not sure Game Pass will allow me to sign up for another 7 day free trial, but if so i'll check the Falcons game out..if not life goes on i guess...

I'll be on a cruise up the East Coast to Canada during our last preseason game, so i don't have to worry about that one!

• Wulf
          Wulf commented
          Editing a comment
          $100 includes the regular season. The 7 day free trial is all a person needs at this point...
          Sign your spouse up... LOL

I'm watching the 2nd half to see if out 2nd stringers have what it takes to step into starting roles. Granted they are up against 2nd stringers of the other team but if they can dominate than maybe they can step in upon injury and be OK at least in a real game.
        The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Aqua, I will save you some time. They don't. I don't think anyone playing in the 2nd half will make the team. AHA

Comment

Originally posted by Aquaaiea View Post
            I'm watching the 2nd half to see if out 2nd stringers have what it takes to step into starting roles. Granted they are up against 2nd stringers of the other team but if they can dominate than maybe they can step in upon injury and be OK at least in a real game.
            They haven't shown ANYTHING so far Aqua.
            I would actually like to see us start our 2nds tonight, rather than risk any more injuries to starters...

Comment

• cuchulainn
              cuchulainn commented
              Editing a comment
              In the 2nd half against the Panthers, Sam Brenner and AJ Francis were the best 2 players on the field IMO.

Originally posted by Wulf View Post

I would actually like to see us start our 2nds tonight, rather than risk any more injuries to starters...

Exactly my sentiments on bubble wrapping our Starters! No more injuries is fine with me.
            The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

My list is longer than I hoped it would be for this game.

Turner or Douglas has to win the starting RG spot or, both need to show enough to let the battle continue.

LaMike needs a good game to secure his place on returns and 2nd RB.

Aikens needs to settle in at starter.

Taylor needs to prove that he is a good starting CB who can stay on the field.

McCain needs a Big game or Misi i9s our OLB.

Sims need to block better.

We need a kicker to win the job or, need a kicker.

All of the above have a bearing on how hard the team will be trying for new players via trade or cuts.

Comment

I want to see Billy Turner stop missing blocks. I want to see Dallas Thomas (am I saying this?) keep up the good work. I want to see Tannehill get back in the pocket, feel the rush, step up and slide to avoid the rush, buy time and throw the ball down the GD field. It's preseason! How do you learn to communicate with your receivers about openings in the secondary if you only want to practice passes five yards and under? I don't want him to get hurt. Once he goes mobile, throw it away. Slide. Whatever. But let things open up before underneathing everything. I'd like to see some receivers catch some passes fifteen yards and deeper. I'd like to see more of Mike Hull. I'd like to see Phillips make a couple of tackles. I'd like to see some pressure on the Quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulf View Post

Completely disagree. Williams and LaMike at RB, Douglas at OG, Sims at TE, Hazel and Matthews at WR, Fede at DE, Phillips at DT, Vigil at LB, and McCain at CB have all showed something in their play.

Comment

• Wulf
                    Wulf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A couple players didn't get their butts kicked by the 2nds of the Bears and/or Panthers, but IMHO, none of them showed the DESIRE or DRIVE I would expect to see from somebody fighting to make a team...

Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post
                  Offensive Line ! I will be focusing my attention of the 0-line to see if these coaches have put together a unit that can protect Tannehill enough to give him the time he needs while opening up holes for Miller and the gang.

I will also be watching how the chemistry is between Tannehill and the new receiving group. It should be interesting. I am hoping he has time to air it out a few times. In the last game he went 0-2 on the long balls and was sacked on another play where he intended to go deep. On one pass he looked terrible, on the other he threw a beautiful pass to Cameron. I can't wait to see what he does in this game. AND, I will be licking my chops while watching the DEFENSE play as well. Let's just hope that the NFL Network airs the ENTIRE GAME or I might just throw my remote through the television. Aha
                  Well-said, D-F! You nailed it in the proverbial "150 words or less"!!

I think that we've all been laboring under a misconception. A "deep game" does NOT depend on/brequire a WALLACE, especially where your 2nd best "deep threat" is a top-shelf TE. I live in S. Florida, and get most everything DOLPHINS. I've seen a lot of both our new TE and SIMS, and I/m/h/o, they're as good/probably better than advertised. And as to our wideouts, I think that a LOT of NFL "D"s are in for an unpleasant surprise. As I see it, they fit TANNEHILL's "game" much better (than WALLACE), and it cuts both ways!

As to MIAMI's "D", WAKE and VERNON are...well...WAKE AND VERNON. They are, STILL, topshelf. And SUH really DOES make a VERY huge difference. He's such a force that there aren't enough opponent bodies to go around. Too many REALLY GOOD MIAMI Defensive Linemen/LBers will be getting single blocking coverage simply because SUH MUST ALWAYS be double-teamed.

If anyone wants to "speculate" a bit as to our "Defensive front", I'd start w/an unusual choice. Those of you who remember me from other sites probably recall how much of a fan I was of STARKS/SOLIAI, and how SOLIAI in particular often blew up running plays and "flushed the Pocket". Well...here it is, years later, and I'm starting to feel what YOGI BERRA once referred to as "deja vu all over again". I'm talking about our young Mr. PHILLIPS. A lot of people were apparently hoping that MIAMI would draft another position. But we got run out of too many stadiums late last season, and I could do without that THIS season. PHILLIPS may change all that overnight...especially if he's seeing a lot of 1-on-1 blocking because of SUH. I really feel that our interior DL this season could remind a lot of football people of STARKS/SOLIAI, and give opposing DCs a migraine to go along with the one that WAKE/VERNON gives them. Here's hoping...!!! (This means YOU, Bellycheat!)

Comment

For those of you not in the Miami area and are unable to get the Dolphins game.

https://www.nfl.com/gamepass

Comment

Comment

No injuries. That's a given for every pre-season game.

I want to see good decision making and accuracy from RT.

I want to see how the OL performs.

I want to see how the Free Safeties play. Sink or swim.

I want to see how the LBs perform in pass coverage. Not sure this has been address since last year.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X