No announcement yet.

Deshaun Watson Rumors Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this really happening? Why now? Watson most likely is not going to play this year and who knows if he ever will again. Is Grier doing it now because the price tag has dropped so much since nobody else is interested anymore?

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      One would have to think so. But Grier is not known for playing hardball, other than on rare occasions.

• Idahomer
      Idahomer commented
      Editing a comment
      This could very well be the case. Tua plays this season and next they chose between the two. If Watson is cleared his trade value will be more than they gave up. If Tua balls out they can trade Watson.. If Tua doesn’t show he’s the future they still could trade him for a very high draft pick(s).

The only way this makes any sense is if it’s a can’t lose scenario. God I hope I’m reading too much onto all this shit.. There’s not a Dolphins beat reporter saying it’s bullshit though.. not one..

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Homer...Tua's trade value will be at best if he plays well but loses the gig to Watson in 2022. In that case, keep him. He's still on a rookie deal. If Watson dips his **** in the public trough again, cut his azz, and Tua stays.

I have such a sick feeling in my stomach. I posted the day Watson was drafted he was the best of the bunch of QBs taken that day. Well, we know now 2nd best. What we didn't know was his alleged character issues. What we do know is Tua is talented, and easy to pull for. That's the kind of player I want. If the deal doesn't include Tua, what then? If the deal goes down, we should have known back then. The non denial denials.
    I don't care about how much football Flo knows...or thinks he knows. He's missed on coaches, on players, and and isn;t perfect. I think he's done an amazing job, actually...at coaching. But I'm not sure he's any better at player personnel decisions as Bill O'Brien...who was also good coach, bad player management type.

I hope all of this is BS..and I can go back to a warm and fuzzy feeling about our Dolphins. The discipline displayed by our players is remarkable. Maybe a bit of that should be applied to our HC, GM, and owner. Know when you've got it good.

Comment

BTW...within 30 days, Goodell will do the nasty on the Fins, making Watson ineligible, even though Watson's case won't be heard till February. Belicheat...and others have friends in high places. I will not sleep well tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post
        BTW...within 30 days, Goodell will do the nasty on the Fins, making Watson ineligible, even though Watson's case won't be heard till February. Belicheat...and others have friends in high places. I will not sleep well tonight.
        Yes that would not surprise me at all. If and when the trade is made, Kraft will give Goodell a call and Watson will be out for the season lol.

Comment

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          yep...fact.

Not to be a pessimist, makes you wonder if all this could’ve been avoided if they would’ve made the right pick in Herbert. Tua was not my choice but I support him now.I hope he proves a lot of people wrong. SMH

Comment

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          Could be. But Flo nor grier when to Herberts pro day. Besides, compared to Tua, Herbert has not shown he can win big games...as yet. Tua has been a winner his entire life.

Originally posted by Idahomer View Post
        https://twitter.com/themozknowz/stat...189973505?s=21

okay there’s more than smoke here.. wtf are we doing?
        And I am sure Drew would never jump on the PR wave for more media time. Come on people. So we really think any team would being in a new starting QB just before the season? One with criminal charges pending?
        NO WAY THIS IS HAPPENING!
        All of this comes from one reporter on yahoo speculating it is happening because supposedly "a source" said Watson would play for Miami. That's IT!!! That's the only info the only source.

Comment

• Finatic
          Finatic commented
          Editing a comment
          All Robinson said was that Watson says he would wave his no-trade clause for Miami.
          1. No one knows that's true.
          2. This is the same EXACT quote from Watson from March making me doubt this is even new news.
          3. After all these months nothing from anyone saying the teams have any interest in this. Nothing.
          Throw in that it makes NO sense, the legal issues, etc. No way it happens.

• Idahomer
          Idahomer commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope you are right too. But my gut says something is amiss.. Hopefully it’s those BBQ beans I had for dinner 🤷‍♂️!!!

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          Homer...hahaha. Been there. Matt, WHY would Robinson dredge this crap up? Is he that desperate for attention? What is, for me disturbing is that Barry Jackson, a usually dependable...and thoughtful source jumped on this, also dredging up conversations that transpired a year ago. So far, I've not heard anything on Fox Sports Radio.

Someone find out where this ass clown lives and go shit in his mailbox.

I hope that someone goes on Twitter and reports according to a reliable source that Zach Wilson is joining the Church and retiring from football to help the needy in Burkina Faso...

**** that Jets fan

Comment

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          Charles Robinson is a Jets fan? I know he's a bleeding heart, and pro 2 National anthems.Not sure which is worse...haha...Jets fan or his politics...haha. Well, gotta go JESTS fan.

Ah, they're talking about it now on Fox Sports Radio. Reporter Jason Hirschhorn doesn't see a trade...now. He said, Maybe end of year, depending on how Tua plays. Talk about putting even MORE on this young man's shoulders. Unfair...but I believe his strength of character and faith will carry him through.

Comment

• Etrius24
          Etrius24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like Waffling to me.... There was nothing worth mentioning and now they are back tracking to avoid having to mention the shitty journalism

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post
        Ah, they're talking about it now on Fox Sports Radio. Reporter Jason Hirschhorn doesn't see a trade...now. He said, Maybe end of year, depending on how Tua plays. Talk about putting even MORE on this young man's shoulders. Unfair...but I believe his strength of character and faith will carry him through.
        Rookie QB's have to perform to get and keep a job. I like Tua as much as the next but, he should not be babied. Last year it was the Big Bad Fitz and now Watson?
        I'm thinking Herbert and Burrough would be in a similar boat of some doubt if they played the same last year. It comes with the job.

Comment

Some good discussion here on the Tua rumors. Also saw a clip with Robinson who admitted he came up with this story through a "process of elimination." He was talking to a team that dropped out and they shared that the price was too high and that some team was still in discussions but the team he was talking to had "dropped out." Finatics is right in that this is a "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you been messin around..."

Comment

Originally posted by Idahomer View Post
            Some good discussion here on the Tua rumors. Also saw a clip with Robinson who admitted he came up with this story through a "process of elimination." He was talking to a team that dropped out and they shared that the price was too high and that some team was still in discussions but the team he was talking to had "dropped out." Finatics is right in that this is a "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you been messin around..."

Love the R.E.O. reference!

Comment

If this is a rumor to get hits on some site or link and there is no truth to it, then the Dolphins FO should should shut the rumor down now. What is this talk doing to the chemistry of the team and to Tua. By not saying anything, says a lot.

Comment

• Idahomer
                Idahomer commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree.. There is clearly a conversation that has been going on between the two teams. My bet is the Houston side loves the rumors because it will hopefully get a team to come out and give them a kings ransom despite the uncertainty that hangs over Watson now. Clearly the phins have talked, and the phins know Watson has said there are only a few teams he'd even waive his no trade clause for.. Miami and Carolina seem to be the top ones now after the draft (Jets were on the list before the draft). I'm hearing he outright refuses to play for Philly, thus the reason they made the play for Minshew.. Ross apparently is infatuated with Watson, and while high on Tua the whole organization knows that Watson is NOW what they envision Tua may be in future. It all stinks for Tua, and more than likely unless the Texans balk and agree to take less for him, or ties any trade compensation 100% to his availability to play and actual playing time no team is going to take the risk on him this season. My guess is Texans don't relent, and try to see what they can get for him at the conclusion of this season.

"▪ Asked if public opinion is weighed in making decisions on a player who has had off-field issues (Watson wasn’t specifically mentioned), Flores said he considers “fit on a team, overall talent, salary cap.... We have a high standard for the people we have in the organization. I don’t get into last strikes or anything. We want people with high character throughout the building. That’s what we’re looking for.”"

JMHO here but I think the answer is right there in the last line of what Flo said. Watson isn't exactly a "High Character Guy.
              Last edited by Dolfan1; 08-30-2021, 01:05 PM.
              While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
                Driven_Phinsane! commented
                Editing a comment
                Typo: * isn't not is, in that last sentence

• Dolfan1
                Dolfan1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, thank you. That's what I get for typing while I try to eat lunch.

Dolphins' Brian Flores wants players to 'block out' Deshaun Watson 'speculation'

Joe Schad
              Palm Beach Post

With less than two weeks before the Dolphins open the season at New England, trade reports linking Deshaun Watson to Brian Flores' club persist.

How is Flores handling his locker room with the conversation not closed, publicly or privately, by the coach or any other Dolphins official?

"I think there are always rumors, there is always speculation," Flores said Monday. "There is always some form of distractions and I think as a team we always have to block that stuff out and play. I thought they did that yesterday.

"That's something that all players deal with in the National Football League. There is always something going on. There is always some form of speculation or controversy. And we just block it out, ignore it and move on."

Tua Tagovailoa has had a strong spring and summer. He is better prepared physically and mentally to succeed as a sophomore.

But Flores and the Dolphins must feel that they cannot close the door on any Watson acquisition, publicly or privately, until it is has been unequivocally ruled out.

After Sunday's preseason defeat of the Bengals, Flores was asked three questions related to Watson, the Texans' quarterback.

Flores said any talks with other teams would remain "internal."

Later, Flores was asked if he could say the team is not interested in Watson. Flores declined to do so.

"I would say that I’m interested in the players that are on our team," he said. "That’s what I am interested in. I’m interested in the players on the Miami Dolphins."

Watson is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. If he hadn't been accused by 22 women of sexual misconduct and sexual assault, it would be a much easier decision for the club to pursue him.

Miami must do a cost-benefit analysis on the upside of Watson's talent against both the draft choices required to acquire him as well as potential public criticisms.

Flores said Monday many things are taken into account during consideration of player acquisition. Many Dolphins fans, it seems, would prefer to stick with Tua.

A Palm Beach Post online poll generated more than 7,300 replies, with 68 percent of responders saying Miami should not acquire Watson, even at a reasonable price.

Meanwhile, the Dolphins must reduce their roster from 80 players to 53 by 4 p.m. on Tuesday. Flores said some cuts will be made Monday.

"It's always a tough day," Flores said. "Tough decisions to make. You start to think about what you're going to say to the player."

The players Miami cut this season are likely to be far more talented than those let go at the deadline in Flores' first two seasons.

"I think we feel good about some positions," Flores said. "I never want to get too far ahead say say we've got this super situation. At some positions we're going to have to make some tough cuts, with guys we feel are roster players in the National Football League."

Now that training camp is over, Flores reflected on what he thinks he has to work with.

"I think it's a group that's tough," Flores said. "We'll try to play with some discipline. I think it's a team with versatility. The potential to have versatility."

Comment

• hawkfinfan
                hawkfinfan commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't forget we tried to trade in 2019 for Javedon Clowney. He's an all pro headed for Canton Right? OMG trade for a guy who hasn't been cleared yet on the perv charges?

Hey OJ is on line 1!!!He is in Canton and he's just a criminal and a killer but not a perv!!!

I'm soooooooo excited.

• Idahomer
                Idahomer commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel like I personally take all of this too seriously. There is nothing but talk, rumors, and speculation right now. There is a good chance that this is as innocent as the Texans calling Miami and saying Watson wants to be a Dolphin, it will take 3 firsts and 2 seconds.. Are you interested? And the phins simply saying, no, not at this time and at that price.. If that is how this went down then we've wasted a lot of energy bashing the phins for thinking about it. As for not saying decisively we are not interested - Flo keeps everything close to the vest, and in his opinion, he feels no need to address this with the press. He could have, and more than likely has addressed it with Tua and the team. But I can see a competitive advantage of not coming out in the media and saying 100% not happening. Let our opponents contemplate a Watson lead phins team.. What does that hurt? It's all part of the game that Bellicheck coaching proteges like to play.
                Last edited by Idahomer; 08-30-2021, 01:30 PM.

• HndRkyaBong34
                HndRkyaBong34 commented
                Editing a comment
                The Dolphins should of put this to rest month ago… but they didn’t then and now it’s here again… that says a lot about their decisions making as an organization…let’s hope it’s just BS…

And now our favorite CBS talking head Jason "let me put my" La****inforya speaks.. I actually like his POV best.. lol..

Deshaun Watson trade winds swirl as NFL kickoff nears, but here's why it's all just hot air

What has changed? Nothing, and the team being squeezed here is the one still paying Watson

By Jason La Canfora

52 mins ago6 min read

The Houston Texans want nothing more than to rid themselves of this Deshaun Watson problem and receive full value for a quarterback facing sweeping allegations of sexual impropriety and assault. That much is clear.

But their ability to accomplish that goal remains difficult at best, regardless of this weekend's media cycle, and time to shed Watson before the start of Week 1 is running out. A weekend full of leaks and strategic spitballing certainly got the football world a-chattering about the Texans' defrocked starting quarterback, but color me a skeptic about it actually making the superstar anymore likely to be on another roster in the next 10 days.

Because the larger reality is that nothing has actually changed about his lingering situation. There isn't any new information available about the reality of what precisely went on between Watson and the more than 20 women bringing allegations against him. The NFL hasn't further clarified anything about its investigation. Nothing has advanced as far as a grand jury and any pending charges. None of those factors is bound by the football calendar.

So what did change?

Oh, the NFL preseason wrapped up, roster cut-downs loom, and one team that has been aggressive in its intent to assess all potential QB options added a third passer to the mix via trade, with the Eagles landing former Jags starter Gardner Minshew. Anything else? Oh, just more consternation in Houston about their woeful roster and hopeless 2021 campaign, one in which far and away the best player on the team continues to do basically nothing football related on a daily basis as the season approaches in a bizarre arrangement that threatens to undermine any semblance of "competitive balance."

What's changed? This inconvenient arrangement between the Texans and their $39M quarterback is about to get even more awkward as the NFL transitions from a training camp schedule today and shifts into regular season mode in preparation for Week 1. Having Watson do his own thing, hanging out in purgatory, is one thing when all you are playing is exhibition games. It's very different to have the highest paid player in franchise history hanging out on the sidelines or in the stands or watching from home while you play games that actually matter in the standings and will directly impact the fortunes of other clubs as well and could end up factoring into playoff tiebreakers, etc.

So, yeah, the Texans are increasingly motivated to try to get out of that situation. But tell me again why any other team is that much more motivated to land him now than they would have been before camp started, when you actually had a full camp and preseason to get him vested in your system and acclimated to your locker room? This ain't like swapping out a kicker. Remember how long Jimmy Garoppolo sat after his midseason trade to San Francisco, despite the 49ers woeful predicament at the QB position?

Why would anyone be any more inclined to meet the Texans' price now than they would have been then? Again, as far as Watson's civil and legal issues, what more do we know? If anything, if you look at the usual suspects in terms of potential suitors, the Eagles added a QB, Sam Darnold was impressive in the preseason finale and Tua Tagovailoa has had a nice camp and preseason.

Certainly, Watson is superior to all of them, but his mental state under these circumstances would have to be a concern; some of his alleged behavioral traits, as a face of the franchise, would give any owner pause; and the uncertainty about him facing any jail time or loss of time due to a suspension is as much up in the air now as it was all spring and summer. Yes, real football is about to be played, but that doesn't mean this wouldn't still be a particularly challenging and untidy transaction to make.

The Texans lowering their expectations via trade compensation and exploring contingencies that alter those draft picks based on Watson's playing status and availability could help them eventually pull this off, but we are talking about an All-Pro QB in his prime; the difference in him being exonerated or missing four or six or eight games while suspended can be the difference between contending for a division and picking in the top 10 (except you won't actually have that top 10 pick because of the trade itself unless there are significant contingencies built in). Oh yeah, and he has a no-trade clause that can further muck things up.

What if other allegations come out a year from now about Watson's behavior while a Texan? The new team just assumes that risk, I suppose? Think about Watson's reputation prior to this, and how shocking this is to so many people.

Again, this is a player who is set to take home $35M, $37M, $32M and $32M over the next four years. Yeah, the salary cap is going up and all of that, but for many owners this would be the biggest acquisition they have ever made, and certainly, if completed this week, the most controversial. And you are not even sure exactly what you are getting at this point, and when anything close to a normal set of circumstances about Watson's short- and long-term playing prospects will be at hand. The NFL is loathe to get ahead of the legal process here, but we know how quickly the disciplinary process can change (Ray Rice went from about to return from a very brief suspension to essentially banished from the league for life within hours of a surveillance video surfacing). None of that is lost on anyone sitting in any ownership suite in this league.

Of course, transformational talent tends to trump all, or almost all, in this league. I'm not naïve enough to think Watson can't be dealt even under these circumstances. It only takes one owner and it only takes one phone call. But beware artificial timelines and keep in mind the timing of all of this and how the only team that is actually being squeezed here is the one still paying Watson and the only team facing the most unusual potential roster moves and probing questions right now is the Houston Texans.

Their rookie GM and head coach have to navigate this unpleasant terrain on a daily basis, and 53-man rosters are about to be set. Texans ownership has to discern how to hide or stash Watson, whether to allow this façade of a "hold-in" to continue while paying him full salary. They have to determine if at some point this is conduct detrimental to the team, or if at some point coming to some other arrangement with Watson's camp best allows them to move on without the specter of their former franchise quarterback hanging over every practice and media session (Non-Football Injury list, or some other creative arrangement?).

If anything, the clock is ticking on them. And at some point their motivation to move on might result in an unusual NFL transaction with a multitude of contingencies and a package of draft picks far less than what the Texans would have initially hoped for. But right now, in most of the NFL, hope still springs eternal, everyone is undefeated and the glow of parity is as bright as ever.

Everywhere but Houston, that is.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X