Dolphins Interview - Adam Gace HC Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins Interview - Adam Gace HC Job

In what should be the first of many, the Miami Dolphins are reported to have an interest in interviewing Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase for their head coaching position. The Dolphins intend to interview numerous prospects including interim head coach Dan Campbell.Gase had a number of head coaching interviews last year after his work with the Denver Broncos, but now that he's had success with the Bears and Jay Cutler, demand will be even higher. Last year there were reports that the San Francisco 49ers were very close to hiring Gase, but the two sides couldn't agree on the defensive coordinator.

A precedent has been set that Gase won't jump at a head coaching gig just to get his own team, but there could be multiple offers for him to choose from this time around.
    Besides the Dolphins, Gase has been linked to the Cleveland Browns and the Philadelphia Eagles per Jason La Canfora.

The New York Giants could be in the market for a head coach as current head coach Tom Coughlin is rumored to either retire or be fired. The San Diego Chargers are also expected to relieve Mike McCoy of his head coaching duties on Black Monday, and either one of these openings would be a good landing spot for Gase.
    If Gase ends up leaving the Bears, Chicago head coach John Fox could promote from within and give QB coach Dowell Loggains the coordinator gig. But if Mike McCoy is fired, he could be an option as well based on his history with Fox.

There is another potential new offensive coordinator with ties to John Fox and he currently resides in the NFC North. If the Detroit Lions decide to fire head coach Jim Caldwell, and their new head coach is allowed to hire his own staff, then Jim Bob Cooter would be on the market. Cooter, who took over as the Lions offensive coordinator mid-season, has really turned Detroit's offense around and he was an offensive assistant for Fox in 2013.

Bears' fans, are you ready for life after Adam Gase?

gase comes only if we are turned down by Jackson and Mora.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Gase is on my short list, as I think he is one of the few coaches in the NFL that will actually mold his system to his talent instead of trying to make his talent fit his system. I think he learned that under Mike McCoy. I would be all over Gase coming in as the HC and McCoy coming as his OC...

Comment

• Alpha
        Alpha commented
        Editing a comment
        I think McCoy will be back in SD, though....

I get the feeling Gase will be offered the job. Tannebaum when hiring HC's in NY hired Mangini and Ryan, both first time HC's. I really like Gase and his versatility and not set in stone to what kind of system he wants to run. Rumor is that if Gase gets a gig he will bring Dowell Loggains with him as his OC.

I think Gase could build a good staff. While he would be a first time HC he has a very impressive list of NFL and college coaches he has been associated with.

For the record, here's a list of coaches that Gase has direct connections too

Coached with or under (notable coordinators and head coaches) who have been either a head coach or a coordinator in college or the NFL
      Nick Saban
      Jimbo Fisher
      Will Muschamp
      Steve Marriucci
      Rod Marinelli
      Mike Martz
      Josh McDaniels
      Mike McCoy
      John Fox
      Mike Singletary
      Jack Del Rio
      Dennis Allen
      Alex Gibbs
      Greg Olson
      Dick Juron
      Vic Fangio
      Ed Dontaell
      Dowall Loggains
      Richard Smith
      Jim Bob Cooter
      Mike Nolan
      Rick Dennison
      Don Martindale
      Jason Tarver
      Jim Tomsula
      Chris Foerster
      Kippy Brown
      Joe Berry
      Jim Colletto
      Sherman Lewis
      Ray Horton
      Greg Knapp

Gase is also married to Saint's LB coach/Interim HC Joe Vitt's daughter.

Again those are all coaches that have had head coaching or playcalling experience in the NFL or at a major college. Dunno how close Gase is to any of them, but those are just some of the connections he potentially has

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....dam-Gase/page8

Comment

I could live with Gase as a HC a whole lot easier than I can with TannenBUM running this team.
        While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

I am totally against the hiring of Adam Gace !!

Gace is high up on the Dolphins list of potential head coaching candidates. Why? It's because of his work with Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler. Yeah, those two QB's are looking great right now. How many coaches are they going to hire and fire because of one MEDIOCRE AT BEST quarterback?

Hiring Gace is a mistake. If they hire him because of Tannehill they are idiots, period. This organization needs to stop getting rid of players because of Tannehill. They need to stop firing coaches because of Tannehill. Can anyone on this forum say with absolute certainty that Sherman and Lazor did a horrible job as offensive coordinators BECAUSE of Tannehill? It is hard for me to believe that TWO offensive coordinators came up with game plans for THEIR offenses and BOTH of their offenses ended up looking identical. In my opinion these two guys had to adjust their offensive play calling because of the multiple of problems with Tannehill's "abilities" or lack their of.

I really hope the Dolphins keep looking and hopefully go with a DEFENSIVE MINDED head coach. The offensive minded coaches are NOT working. Hiring and Firing players and coaches to TRY and help Tannehill out is NOT working. This team is so insane! Miko Grimes knows more about football then the owner. Yikes!

Comment

• VAIDER5120
            VAIDER5120 commented
            Editing a comment
            Go, Go Go? I'll leave it at that!

I'm against Gase also. Will he earn the respect as he never played the game probably past high school. I went to the Bears shedule and they probably averaged only 20-23 points a game. Where is the 30 plus points if he is an offensive genius? Peyton don't count.
          The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

• DolphinsFreak
            DolphinsFreak commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly! ............and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou !

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X