Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins Quarterback Competition

Noooo, not that type of competition!

I am referring to the competition that the Miami Dolphins will be facing in their first six games of the 2015 season at the quarterback position.

Hopefully in the season opener the Dolphins will be facing RGME, so if that happens the Dolphins first 6 games will be against................

RGME - Blake Bortles - Bills QB whoever that might be - Ryan Fitzpatrick - Marcus Mariota - Brian Hoyer

With the Dolphins defense as stout as they are is there any way possible that the Miami Dolphins start the season with a 6-0 record ?

After those 6 QB's the Dolphins will face Brady and then Fitzpatrick or Geno and then Bradford.

Could the Dolphins be 9-0 when they face the Cowboys in week 11?

What are your thoughts?

6-0 in the first 6 games? Not very likely, but remotely possible. If no more injuries, and O-line plays above average, maybe.

Comment

Not sure about 6-0 but I think 5-1 is a real possibility.
      While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

I harbor some concerns about the team executing. Lots of new pieces, and many (Stills, Parker, Jordan) have not seen lots of action. I expect missed assignments etc. to cost us a game or two along the way. How I hope I am wrong. 6-0 or 9-0 would be sweet! How long has it been since we have had that kind of team?

Comment

Originally posted by Finatic View Post
          I harbor some concerns about the team executing. Lots of new pieces, and many (Stills, Parker, Jordan) have not seen lots of action. I expect missed assignments etc. to cost us a game or two along the way. How I hope I am wrong. 6-0 or 9-0 would be sweet! How long has it been since we have had that kind of team?

2007, oh wait that was 0-9. I'm dyslexic.

Comment

We certainly have the ability to go 6-0 or 9-0, but that so rarely happens, you usually stub your toe somewhere along the way. But I will be very happy to be 8-1 or 7-2 after game 9. I think because of so many new pieces this team will be much better the farther we get in to the season. If we start that well we should be a lock for the playoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post

2007, oh wait that was 0-9. I'm dyslexic.
              I 'Liked' your comment..But i didn't like your comment, lol...

Comment

Personally, i don't like trying to look ahead at the schedule and speculating where we should or could be by a certain point in the season..Seems like everytime we think we have a distinct advantage on paper we end up pooping the bed and making backup QB's look like the HOF's with their busts already cast & backup RB's looking like the second coming of Jim Brown..

Hell, we let Geno Freakin' Smith pitch a perfect game against us with the playoffs on the line!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

I 'Liked' your comment..But i didn't like your comment, lol...

Comment

I think 6-0 is doable but I am shooting for 5-1. Four of those first six games are on the road. Yes I know the Jets is a 'home" game, but can London be considered a home game? After that they play four out of the next five on the road at NE, Buf, Phil, back home for Dallas then back to NY. Not sure the schedule is too kind to Miami this year. With that being said I still think they should go 10-6 or 11-5.

Comment

Everyone was cheering at our schedule when it came out thinking it was an easy one. I was confused because of all those road games. After looking at the quaterbacks the Dolphins will be facing and how scary the Dolphins D looks, I think a 6-0 or 5-1 start is realistic.

The key is that offensive line.

Comment

Hope springs eternal, every fan of every team is looking at their schedule right now thinking they can go into the bye either undefeated or one loss max...I know we're all fairly knowledgeable football-wise and we're definitely passionate when it comes to our team - some way more on the optimistic side, though at times i'm the pessimistic fan, i prefer calling it realistic. While i know it's possible (the talent's there) i still am very wary of the potential pitfalls that lie ahead..We'll just have to see how it all plays out!

Comment

Yeah, most know what kind of fan I am. I don't normally see the Dolphins with a "the glass is half full" type of mentality. I am cautiously optimistic with the 2015 Dolphins. When free agency came I was hoping the Dolphins would focus on the o-line, then in the draft and now it's time for the season to start and in my opinion they've done very little to address that glaring need. I think the offensive line is the key to success with this team. Yes, there are other problems like with the linebackers, corners and now safety, but I think the season begins and ends with how healthy this offensive line can stay this season. This o-line can determine whether the Dolphins go 11-5 or 5-11. JMO

Comment

Funny that you should word it the way you do, "Quarterback competition", because the one thing you failed to recognize in your logic was our Quarterback. Yes, he's kept up his high completion rate in the pre-seaon but he has shown me little in his willingness to expand this offense going right back to his dink and dunk ways. It's the pre-season. Now is the time to practice getting back in the pocket and hitting your deeper options. We know you can connect on two yard strikes. It's not a championship formula we're practicing out there. If we follow the same approach into the season, I honestly think 3-3 is a more realistic start .
                            Brian Miller lists two players as top six on the disappointment list, Jason Fox and Jordan Cameron. Hey Tannehill, step up and let Fox take the DE around the corner and slide around the pocket, please. It's really horrible how he operates back there. As far as J Cameron goes, he's caught in a no win situation. Being that his first designed cut is past eight yards, the ball is already gone from Tannehill's hand. I'm learning to really dislike this offense with its single options and Pop Warner mentality that really becomes a joke in the red zone.

Comment

I do agree with you on one point. I think that Tannehill, Lazor or both need to open up this offense. I don't know who to fault but I do NOT see this team winning enough games to make the playoffs with Tannehill locking in on the primary receiver and firing a pass at his first and only option on every play. Tannehill needs to go through his progressions, not just lock in on the primary receiver and fire a pass to him whether he is open or not. He needs to drop back and move those feet, move that head and find the most open receiver out on that field, NOT the closest receiver that he can TRY and squeeze the ball into.

Hopefully Tannehill will prove that he isn't on another forums list of easy victories because he is a weak QB.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X