Here is a look at the top linebackers coming out

1. Mikah Parson - Penn St
    2. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - Notre Dame
    3. Nick Bolton - Missouri
    4. Zaven Collins - Tulsa
    5. Jabril Cox - LSU

Below is a link to Videos on all these players and more

2021 NFL Draft linebacker rankings | NFL Draft | PFF

Should the Phins draft a LB at #3 or #18 ?

I’d take Collins only if with the 36 pick and not earlier. Parsons only if we move down from 6-9 spot.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Originally posted by AquaXI View Post
      I’d take Collins only if with the 36 pick and not earlier. Parsons only if we move down from 6-9 spot.
      What if Parsons is not available at 6-9

Do you wait until 36 and hope your top LBs will be there

Comment

• Dolfan1
        Dolfan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        He shoots, He scores.

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        If you want LB before RB...which is where I'd go with 36....with a slight trade up...it would have to be a BIG trade up.I don't like it.

• PhinPhan68
        PhinPhan68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Think the Phins may go LB in the first round now

Lots of very good LB's in this draft. Flo had several of them on his Senior Bowl squad.

Comment

I've seen Owusu-Koramoah (the next play will be underway before the announcer can finish saying his name!) mocked to us quite a bit at 18..They say he's exactly the versatile type LB Flores will look for..

I don't know enough about him to even guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
          I've seen Owusu-Koramoah (the next play will be underway before the announcer can finish saying his name!) mocked to us quite a bit at 18..They say he's exactly the versatile type LB Flores will look for..

Here is a sample size

Comment

Like you, I'm familiar with the name but that's as far as it goes.
            While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

DP, i was a little down on O-K, because i thought he was (and is) undersized for a MLB, but mostly because he disappeared against Alabama. Now as time go by, I have seen the mocks and comparisons to Derwin James so i did a little more digging. You should watch his greatest hits frim Just Bomb productions.....and I do mean HITS. The guy is a missle and has had some impressive tackling displays on his tape. I love LBs that tackle through their man rather than the take down tackles they had to reprogram us for Rugby.....and that might not even be his top skill because the guy can cover like a hybrid safety. NET is that he looks like an impact guy and is now on my short list/wish list.

Comment

• Dolfan1
                Dolfan1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good info, Thank you.

• Idahomer
                Idahomer commented
                Editing a comment
                Kato - I was with you. Thought he was too small and didn't hear his name in the Bama game much. With that said he flies around the field and we should have faith in "smallish" middle LB's.. After all we ZT!!

Originally posted by Kato View Post
              DP, i was a little down on O-K, because i thought he was (and is) undersized for a MLB, but mostly because he disappeared against Alabama. Now as time go by, I have seen the mocks and comparisons to Derwin James so i did a little more digging. You should watch his greatest hits frim Just Bomb productions.....and I do mean HITS. The guy is a missle and has had some impressive tackling displays on his tape. I love LBs that tackle through their man rather than the take down tackles they had to reprogram us for Rugby.....and that might not even be his top skill because the guy can cover like a hybrid safety. NET is that he looks like an impact guy and is now on my short list/wish list.
              My problem is that I don't tend to watch Notre Dame games so I can't even put it to the old eyeball test and my problem with watching highlight tapes is they ALL look like Superstars in 'em..

I just hope if that's the direction we're going, we assess LB's better than QB's, sorry, too soon? Lol..

Comment

• Kato
                Kato commented
                Editing a comment
                Watching highlight tapes means you have a life....sort of. The way I look at it, if you review all from the same source (I like JustBombProductions, like embedded above) then you have levelled the playing field. I look for "how" they play, and if there is filler or it is one holyshit play after another, or how many different skills are showcased. Plus they are fun to watch.

• PhinPhan68
                PhinPhan68 commented
                Editing a comment
                I do the same thing

I also like to focus on their opponents

SEC opponents or junior colleges LOL

There is so much to focus on that it is really fun

My problem is that I don't tend to watch Notre Dame games so I can't even put it to the old eyeball test and my problem with watching highlight tapes is they ALL look like Superstars in 'em..

I just hope if that's the direction we're going, we assess LB's better than QB's, sorry, too soon? Lol..
              Are QB's supposed to tackle "Through" their man?? Asking for a friend.
              While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by PhinPhan68 View Post
                With Van Noy being released

Maybe the Phins are looking Lineback with their #3 pick

4. Zaven Collins - Tulsa
                5. Jabril Cox - LSU

I would rather wait until #18 to address the LB position. I think we could get a comparably close LB at #18 but the talent difference between the WR we could get at #3 or at a slight trade down will be much greater than the WR we could get at #18.

I like the Smith, Chase or Waddle and Owusu-Koramoah or Collins first round combination better than the Parsons and whoever is considered to be the #4 ranked WR in the draft first round combination.

I am thinking something like this.

1A. WR Smith

1B. LB Collins

2A. RB Williams or Etienne assuming Harris is gone.

2B. OT Eichenberg

3. We have many options here, best DE, C, DT or DB/S.

Comment

• PhinPhan68
                  PhinPhan68 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am leaning towards Williams now

Etienne seems to have issues fumbling, or at least it seems that way

• FTLDOLFAN
                  FTLDOLFAN commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Williams could be the steal of the draft. He is very physical and has a more compact build than Williams. He also had comparable stats and in some cases like YPC better stats than Harris and he was surrounded by much less talent. His draft stock should rise too so if we can get him at #36 that really wont even be a reach at that point.

Gotta trust in Flo to fit his scheme and Parsons fits any scheme. I like OK and Collins as well

Comment

With Van Noy being released

Maybe the Phins are looking Lineback with their #3 pick

4. Zaven Collins - Tulsa
                  5. Jabril Cox - LSU

Yes! Almost every mock I've done on PFF (addicting so thanks for that lol), I've picked Parsons after a trade back, or Collins at 18 and even trading back into the early 20's. I fully expect them to use a first round pick on a LB, especially now.

Comment

Originally posted by Idahomer View Post

Yes! Almost every mock I've done on PFF (addicting so thanks for that lol), I've picked Parsons after a trade back, or Collins at 18 and even trading back into the early 20's. I fully expect them to use a first round pick on a LB, especially now.
                    Yes, that mock draft game is addicting lol

I have traded back and picked up Parsons as well

If Parsons is off the board my go-to LB is Koramoah

I think after Parsons JOK will have the biggest impact at the next level

These are my two favs then come Collins and Bolton

Comment

Yes, that mock draft game is addicting lol

I have traded back and picked up Parsons as well

If Parsons is off the board my go-to LB is Koramoah

I think after Parsons JOK will have the biggest impact at the next level

These are my two favs then come Collins and Bolton
                      yeah I'm all in on adding weapons for Tua, but that 30 point drubbing by Buffalo (and 50 pts scored) still sting and should be a vivid reminder that our defense has a long way to go as well.. We need to generate more pressure with our front 4. Tampa Bay showed the formula to beat teams like KC and Buffalo. You pressure the QB with only 4 guys so you have the other 7 in coverage. You take away their number one guy with a double team all game and you have a chance to shut down these high octane offenses. Parsons would give us another cover LB that also can rush the passer, stop the run, and run sideline to sideline making running QB's pay the price for leaving the pocket. I'm warming to a LB early even if it means missing out on one of the top 3 WR's, who like Nole has pointed out are not elite like past top 10 WR's have been.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X