• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Noy released? Interesting

Barry Jackson

@flasportsbuzz
    ·
    9m
    NEW: Miami Dolphins release linebacker Kyle Van Noy in cap-saving move. Dolphins paving way to be aggressive in free agency:

WOW... So the need for Parsons early in the draft or David through FA looks to be gaining steam after this move.. Crazy

Wow, thought KVN played fairly well for us.
    While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

• Idahomer
      Idahomer commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I agree D1. Although with the youth movement we have I think for his price we can get a solid FA or fill the hole in the draft. IMO he was more of an edge guy then a true LB.

• Dolfan1
      Dolfan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Would have dumped Lawson before KVN but that's me.

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too, D1. That said, I had speculated KVN was one of players preferring Fitz to Tua. Fitz is more the pirate, more Brady-like than Tua. Speculation, of course. But yeah, Lawson was what he was at Buffalo, a rotational player. He had a better 2nd half Personally, I did not like signing wither Lawson no Flowers.IMO, there HAS to be something more beneath the sheets.

Cameron Wolfe

@CameronWolfe
    Dolphins LB Kyle Van Noy is a potential cap casualty who could be released before league year begins, source tells ESPN. Talks are ongoing about releasing Van Noy in the coming days, a move that'd save Miami $9.75M in cap space. Andrew Van Ginkel would move into larger role.

Cameron Wolfe

@CameronWolfe
    ·
    12m
    Replying to
    @CameronWolfe
    Dolphins signed Kyle Van Noy to a 4-year, $51M deal last offseason but structured it well so they could get out after 1-year, $15M. His play was up-and-down in 2020. Would be $4.125M dead cap hit with release but $12.5M cash savings.

Cameron Wolfe

@CameronWolfe
    ·
    8m
    Kyle Van Noy hasn't been released yet, I'm told. Though his time in Miami does appear to be nearing an end, a trade or restructured deal is still on the table as a potential option.

Also seeing word it's official now all over the internet.. Thoughts? He was really good at times, but disappeared at times and was dinged up a lot. Obviously leaves a hole, but for the cap savings, cost, and production I see this as a good move. We are definitely targeting a LB in the draft or FA now. Especially with Roberts more than likely out to start the season.

Comment

He was steady last year, but not worth the salary. I'm a bit shocked, but such as life in the NFL.

Not a move I expected, but have no issue with it. He'll be 30 this year, he has played 1, yes 1 full season in his 8 year career. It seems to me that they have a plan to replace him, or need the cap money now. Next year would have been a better release as there was an out built in where he would have counted $2.75m against the cap vs the $4.1m against the cap now. It's not my money, so no big deal to me, we'll just have to see what they do. There are going to be good LB's in free agency and in the draft. Flo coached several of them in the Senior Bowl.
      Last edited by ONole1; 03-02-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Lavonte David is only 1 year older than Van Noy

And David has remained healthy during his career

Comment

As earlier mentioned maybe we are targeting Parsons at 1A?hmm...
          The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

• IMAWriter
            IMAWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            AQ, I doubt Parsons will be there at 18. I could be wrong, and often am with whom the Fins take.I really believe 5 QBs will be drafted before the 25th pick...good for us.

• Driven_Phinsane!
            Driven_Phinsane! commented
            Editing a comment
            18?? He's saying to take Parsons with our 1A (Highest 1st rounder), though he wants to trade down a few picks if possible..

Zaven Collins at #18 could be a nice upgrade from Van Noy.

Comment

Just a thought to ponder...Pre-Watson move?

Comment

• IMAWriter
              IMAWriter commented
              Editing a comment
              Russ Wilson is older, but no major surgeries. Watson has had 3, including both knees. Ya think? I actually think they stay with Tua, build the offense, solidify what may be the best defense in the AFC EAST.

Originally posted by ONole1 View Post
            Please don't go there.
            While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

Why can Watson play LB?

Comment

Good news is, this year we don't even have to wait till draft day for the head-scratching to begin!

Comment

He was steady last year, but not worth the salary. I'm a bit shocked, but such as life in the NFL.

Not a move I expected, but have no issue with it. He'll be 30 this year, he has played 1, yes 1 full season in his 8 year career. It seems to me that they have a plan to replace him, or need the cap money now. Next year would have been a better release as there was an out built in where he would have counted $2.75m against the cap vs the $4.1m against the cap now. It's not my money, so no big deal to me, we'll just have to see what they do. There are going to be good LB's in free agency and in the draft. Flo coached several of them in the Senior Bowl.
                  Remember also that CB Jones will be 30 in 2 years when we have an out with a big cap savings. beleve that Grier and Flo are doing a great job in adding FA's to be replaced by developing rookies while winning. I expect the same with Flowers. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
                    Good news is, this year we don't even have to wait till draft day for the head-scratching to begin!
                    I do not think Grier and Flo are done before FA let alone D-Day.

Comment

With so many teams upside down with the cap there will be a lot of good players to be had and bargin prices this FA. I think Van Noy can be replaced, and there is even a chance they sign him back if no one else is interested. I think we will be seeing a lot of surprise cuts in the few days/weeks. With the draft capital we have we can get a top ranked LB in the first or 2nd, and then pick up another mid level guy a little later. I've seen drafts where Moses or Surratt are getting drafted after the 3rd round. With all this talk of doubling up on WR's in this draft it's looking more and more like we may double up on LB as well.

Comment

Little bit of a head scratchier. I thought he was one of the culture change guys. Oh well probably back to NE.
                        Last edited by JEGnj; 03-02-2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X