Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS mock draft

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...tent=algorithm

honestly if this happened I wouldn’t be mad..

Mock draft trade details
    • Dolphins get Bengals' No. 5 and No. 69 pick; Bengals get Dolphins' No. 3 pick
    • Dolphins get Colts' No. 21 and No. 118; Colts get Dolphins' No. 18 pick

Ja'Marr Chase WR
    LSU • JR • 6'0" / 208 LBS
    PROJECTED TEAM

Miami
    PROSPECT RNK

3rd
    POSITION RNK

1st
    DeVante Parker was a reliable target during the season, but there's not much depth behind him. Ja'Marr Chase is our WR1 and his presence would give Tua Tagovailoa another downfield go-to threat.

Najee Harris RB
    ALABAMA • SR • 6'2" / 230 LBS
    PROJECTED TEAM

Miami
    PROSPECT RNK

41st
    POSITION RNK

2nd
    We've had Najee Harris, running back, going in the top 20 in previous drafts and have been perfectly fine with the idea. So now that Miami has traded back to No. 21 we feel even better about it. He's been that good and it's one more weapon (from Alabama, incidentally) for Tua, who enters Year 2 needing to show improvement over an up-and-down rookie campaign.
    Last edited by cuchulainn; 02-23-2021, 08:51 AM.

I would be thrilled if that happened and we get Chase, Harris and extra 3rd and 4th round picks.

Comment

MK613 in the House! That would be a dream draft I’m hoping for...👍🐬

Comment

Neither of those trades are enough for me to pull the trigger.

Comment

Rather have Smith over Chase now that I did my homework.
          The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

• Idahomer
            Idahomer commented
            Editing a comment
            Local media is already stirring up tension between Smith and Tua by saying Smith was asked at the senior bowl who he would liked better throwing him the ball between Jones and Tua and he said Jones without hesitation. There is just nothing out of bounds for media now a days. Whatever they can burn down they will. Makes me sick that they would even put the kid in that position to have to answer between the guy who won him the heisman versus the guy who could be his Pro QB. That's just not a fair question for Smith and either answer would have been wrong. Do you bad mouth a teammate hoping to get drafted in the first round by saying you liked his predecesor more and potentially impact his draft status? I just think it's BS that they would even ask such a loaded question.

• Dolfan1
            Dolfan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally agree with you Ted.

• CashInFist
            CashInFist commented
            Editing a comment
            Smith could have also been lying to the media, because Mac Jones is about to get drafted and Tua already has. Just sayin'.

Yeah, I saw that and those trades wont happen. Both the Bengals and the Colts would have to give up more. Also the Bengal's have the 70th pick not 69 and the Colts have the 117th not the 118th pick. Don't get me wrong, those trades are possible, but the value isn't.

It's been reported that Miami has already taken multiple calls about the #3 pick, so that price is on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by CashInFist View Post
            Neither of those trades are enough for me to pull the trigger.
            My sentiments exactly! With so many high-end QB's at the top of the draft, the 3rd pick should be held over the heads of the QB starved teams like chum over a swarm of hungry sharks! Screw the draft points chart in a scenario such as this..

Let the games begin..Bidding starts at???

Comment

Originally posted by Mk613 View Post
              https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...tent=algorithm

honestly if this happened I wouldn’t be mad..

Mock draft trade details
              • Dolphins get Bengals' No. 5 and No. 69 pick; Bengals get Dolphins' No. 3 pick
              • Dolphins get Colts' No. 21 and No. 118; Colts get Dolphins' No. 18 pick

Ja'Marr Chase WR
              LSU • JR • 6'0" / 208 LBS
              PROJECTED TEAM

Miami
              PROSPECT RNK

3rd
              POSITION RNK

1st
              DeVante Parker was a reliable target during the season, but there's not much depth behind him. Ja'Marr Chase is our WR1 and his presence would give Tua Tagovailoa another downfield go-to threat.

Najee Harris RB
              ALABAMA • SR • 6'2" / 230 LBS
              PROJECTED TEAM

Miami
              PROSPECT RNK

41st
              POSITION RNK

2nd
              We've had Najee Harris, running back, going in the top 20 in previous drafts and have been perfectly fine with the idea. So now that Miami has traded back to No. 21 we feel even better about it. He's been that good and it's one more weapon (from Alabama, incidentally) for Tua, who enters Year 2 needing to show improvement over an up-and-down rookie campaign.
              MK...WELCOME!!!
              IMO, 21 is too high for a RB...Harris is terrific, but I believe the Bama OLine is better than the Dolphins...still. Either Carter, or Javonte Williams in the early 2nd round would be there.
              It's obvious the Bengals will be going for Sewell. But as the Colts got their QB...Wentz, why would they move up? They don't need defense, RB, or O-Line. Receiver? Most Likely. If the Fins want a R, there is really no gain dropping from 3 to 5. The rookie salary is probably 3% less as a 5 pick over a 3 pick?
              I think the trade down needs to to at least 7-8...that will still get your 2nd choice WR, and gain you more, and more valuable picks. Personally, as I'm not fond of Grier's early round picks overall, I think having more picks versus getting your guy is questionable. JMO.

Comment

FWIW< I'm not sure I ever saw a national media mock that had the Dolphins doing the right thing. I think they throw this stuff out there, in the hopes the FO...and Ross will read it and BELIEVE!!
                Ross read the ESPN garbage regarding Adam Gase and bought it as truth. Why...Peyton called his own plays, Jay Cutler was marginally better ---due to the dinks and dunks...which he continued to do with the Fins. How did THAT work out...save the one game against the Patsies. QB Guru my azz. All the CBS thing did was position the woke teams like the Colts and Bengals (due to Burrow) in a better draft position, while basically not giving the Dolphins that much. Yes, the Bengals will take Sewell...though no one else will till maybe the Giants..the move up makes no sense if the Bengals move up...it's panic...and they should pay MORE than what the CBS guy thinks is fair. It's a Sellers market if you're in the top 3. Grier could have moved down LAST year and still gotten Tua. The Chargers were up front with whom they wanted. If it was up to me...and it shouldn't be...haha...I'd stay right where I am, other than moving up from 36 to get the 2nd "best" RB...or their center of the future...there's 2 who wil be greed, Humphrey and Dickerson. (Dickenson?)

Comment

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post

MK...WELCOME!!!
                  IMO, 21 is too high for a RB...Harris is terrific, but I believe the Bama OLine is better than the Dolphins...still. Either Carter, or Javonte Williams in the early 2nd round would be there.
                  It's obvious the Bengals will be going for Sewell. But as the Colts got their QB...Wentz, why would they move up? They don't need defense, RB, or O-Line. Receiver? Most Likely. If the Fins want a R, there is really no gain dropping from 3 to 5. The rookie salary is probably 3% less as a 5 pick over a 3 pick?
                  I think the trade down needs to to at least 7-8...that will still get your 2nd choice WR, and gain you more, and more valuable picks. Personally, as I'm not fond of Grier's early round picks overall, I think having more picks versus getting your guy is questionable. JMO.

thanks for the welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Mk613 View Post

thanks for the welcome
                    You bet. We're all happy to have you...as long as you're OK with being HAD!!

Comment

Welcome MK. ....

Comment

Originally posted by 61finfan View Post
                        Welcome MK. ....
                        thank you for the welcome

Comment

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post

You bet. We're all happy to have you...as long as you're OK with being HAD!!

always nice to be wanted unlike some other forum I shall not name... lol 😂

Comment

Wait until draft night, Mk. Assuming there's no Watson deal, and our picks remain as is, it will be an event over here!. That said, everyone here bleeds Dolphin colors...well for me, it was the old unis and colors. Many of us are a bit "long of tooth"...but understand it's a different world, and a different game.
                            Man, as I now teach via Zoom...it would be easy peezy to set up a Zoom conference. Whether or not, I really enjoyed last year's draft...a case where Virtual IMO helped. No Goodell hugs, and some awesome spontaneous moments...like FLO's reaction to the Raekwon Davis selection. Count on more of those...when a defensive choice is made. Grier knows what side of the bread Flo butters. It will be up to Grier to strengthen the offense...something he hasn't really accomplished fully...as yet.
                            NOTE, Mk. You have the right..nay, the OBLIGATION to tear mea new one if you disagree with my ongoing issues with Chris Grier. Trust me, you won't be alone. They tolerate me, due to the fact that every once in a great while, like the "blind squirrel", I come up with a quality comment, something of value..sorta like a "Ferengi."
                            Last edited by IMAWriter; 02-24-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Mk613
                              Mk613 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I’ll be sure to do so. Lol I’m just looking forward to the new season and hate to say but I’m truly hope the Dolphins don’t make a move for Watson and just continue to build what they have been..

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X