Dolphins 2022 FA's Will Affect The Draft & FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins 2022 FA's Will Affect The Draft & FA

Grier and Flores have some decisions to make on our players who will be FA's after this year bedause if we do not extend them we loose them for nothing, We could see the trade winds blowing in the near future if we believe we cannot keep them.

The main two players are Ogbah who was great last year and led us in pressures as well as sacks. He was a Huge part of our D. The other is Gesicki who has developed into a top 10 TE and could be better. He was a Huge part of our O,

Then we have Williams because he was not drafted and Smythe who was big part of the blocking and coming on as a receiver.

All of the above are worth keeping with Ogbah and Gesicki needing to be kept or replaced in FA of the draft.

Because of the cap situation this year the only one I would look to extend at this point is Baker. TBH, depending on how free agency goes I might consider drafting Pitts and let Sicki walk after this season.

As far as Ogbah goes, I have to risk it and see what he does this year. There just isn't enough money for everyone this year. If he has a good season then reward him next year when hopefully the cap goes back up. If he doesn't then no harm no foul.

Teams are going to have to take chances and get creative this off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by ONole1 View Post
      Because of the cap situation this year the only one I would look to extend at this point is Baker. TBH, depending on how free agency goes I might consider drafting Pitts and let Sicki walk after this season.

As far as Ogbah goes, I have to risk it and see what he does this year. There just isn't enough money for everyone this year. If he has a good season then reward him next year when hopefully the cap goes back up. If he doesn't then no harm no foul.

Teams are going to have to take chances and get creative this off-season.
      If I'm Grier, I have to at least test the waters on contracts for all four. Contracts can be extended starting next year with no cap effect this year and I would do that now or consider a trade for any or all of the above.

Comment

Read somewhere we extended Smythe

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X