Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Grier & Flo Surprise Us Again This Off Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Grier & Flo Surprise Us Again This Off Season?

Last year, Grier & Flo surprised the hell out of most by spending a ton of money in FA while in the 2nd year of a total rebuild and few, if any, agreed with their draft picks. They could care less, are in a hurry to win and wn 10 games when 5 was supposed to be about it.

What do they have in store for us this off season? Spend nothing in FA with really good players of need available? Draft a QB #3? Take care of WR and RB in FA and draft D? Take the OOL approach of last year to WR and replace most everyone?

Time will tell but, they are NEVER boring.

Any good guesses?.

Originally posted by So Be View Post
    Last year, Grier & Flo surprised the hell out of most by spending a ton of money in FA while in the 2nd year of a total rebuild and few, if any, agreed with their draft picks. They could care less, are in a hurry to win and wn 10 games when 5 was supposed to be about it.

What do they have in store for us this off season? Spend nothing in FA with really good players of need available? Draft a QB #3? Take care of WR and RB in FA and draft D? Take the OOL approach of last year to WR and replace most everyone?

Time will tell but, they are NEVER boring.

Any good guesses?.
    I don't care how they do it, as long as it's not Tannenbaum style...no more cap space fo a last minute FA. My druthers would be RB and WR in the draft, maybe a Center in FA. Save the money for next season, when Russell Wilson declares himself out of there. I mentioned this in another thread. Give Tua a year...break the bank for Wilson. He can do more with less...and his wife can sing the National Anthem every game.

Comment

They will probably surprise me since I don't believe they will do what I think they should.

They will probably address needs in free agency that I think they should address in the draft and vice versa. There will probably be head scratching draft picks as well both in terms of position and when they are drafted.

Comment

• HndRkyaBong34
        HndRkyaBong34 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have no doubt that will happen...

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        FTL...then it wouldn't be a surprise ..if "I don't believe they will do what I think they should." It would then be a sure thing. This could be a circular argument like that of Vizzini vs Westley. (Princess Bride...brilliant scene.)

Maybe they take Sewell with #3, then trade back into a top 10 pick for Smith, Chase, or Waddle......that would be a pretty good offensive upgrade.

Comment

• AquaXI
        AquaXI commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as we get Jones ( RB ) in FA then I’m all for this.

• Idahomer
        Idahomer commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree Sewell would be a good pick, but giving up picks when we are so void of talent throughout the roster worries me. On the other hand being able to trade back and add a 2nd this year and potentially a first or at the minimum a second next year would go a long way in at least giving us an opportunity to add talent to the roster. Even without a trade back being able to add a TOP playmaker on either side of the ball at #3 excites me more than a potential elite tackle. I remember hearing the same buzz about Jake Long and I don't remember him making a big difference in our success. I think our oline played well considering the circumstances of having 3 rookies with no OTA's play the majority of the season. I think those 3 guys will only get better. I think a above average oline with more skill players is going to be more successful than an elite offensive line with no skill players to support Tua.
        Last edited by Idahomer; 02-11-2021, 12:23 PM.

Mr. Homer,
      i dont disagree with you, I was just spitballing and following Sobe's post about how we might be surprised by our head office this year' draft. I do go back and forth on this subject. Pre Super Bowl, i was gung ho for trading back for more picks because as you note, we have many holes to fill. The Super Bowl did remind us that a weak offensive line can sure mess up your offense, and degrade the effectiveness of your key skill players. Mahomes was running for his life, and Hill and Kelce looked very pedestrian in that game. You would be hard pressed to find a more dynamic set of offensive weapons get totally neutralized by an inability of a line to protect its QB.

Not saying our line is as bad as the second stringers forced to play in that game, and not saying that they wont improve, but Tua, Smith or whoever they draft, and Gesicki are also not equivalent to who we saw on KC get stuffed in SBLV. No TDs does not win many football games.

Comment

• Idahomer
        Idahomer commented
        Editing a comment
        Kato - I guess the good news is when you have the 2nd pick you have a bunch of options and just about every one of them is good lol!!

As Joe pointed out it was a HUGE surprise that we were big-spenders in Free Agency last year; Grier & Company stepped up to the plate & took some pretty huge swings in looking to shore up some major deficiencies across the roster. Unfortunately for the most part they were either swings & misses or what amounted to a slow roller through the infield. I do have to give credit where credit is due & say that they identified weak area's & tried to address them; they can't all be winners. We can only imagine how different the end of our season would've been had the Howard signing & the Breida trade been home runs instead of strikeouts...

That being said, I have absolutely no idea how this Free Agency & Draft will unfold; the only thing i'm sure of is if they don't hit a couple/three homeruns at the bare minimum, then we may never get back to glory..This chance (How last year & this year's off-seasons were set up) may never come around again in our lifetime!

Comment

• Kato
        Kato commented
        Editing a comment
        amen brotha

• Idahomer
        Idahomer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah no matter what we do, we need a minimum of 3 stars out of this offseason. And when I say stars I'm saying 3 guys that would start on any roster in the NFL.. Players!!

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
      As Joe pointed out it was a HUGE surprise that we were big-spenders in Free Agency last year; Grier & Company stepped up to the plate & took some pretty huge swings in looking to shore up some major deficiencies across the roster. Unfortunately for the most part they were either swings & misses or what amounted to a slow roller through the infield. I do have to give credit where credit is due & say that they identified weak area's & tried to address them; they can't all be winners. We can only imagine how different the end of our season would've been had the Howard signing & the Breida trade been home runs instead of strikeouts...

That being said, I have absolutely no idea how this Free Agency & Draft will unfold; the only thing i'm sure of is if they don't hit a couple/three homeruns at the bare minimum, then we may never get back to glory..This chance (How last year & this year's off-seasons were set up) may never come around again in our lifetime!
      I do feel confident that we are not gonna bring Howard back. So, you and I are off to a good start. lol

Last ear, I feel they nailed it with Ocbah, Lawson, KVN, Flowers and Karras with Jones getting back to himself thi year. A couple of RB blunders for cheap money and done is far from bad.

Draft, Davis has been great, Hunt was VG and Kindley did well. Problem was our Prime Time picks were Not Ready For Prime Time. No one can dispute the three have as much or more talent than anyone in last draft BUT, they need to show it. Imagine if they do this year which is not far fetched and we add another top draft.

This year, I want a WR an DE in FA and we can get Lawson and Samuel for about $20M combined or go Big on a WR or, spend nothing just to piss me off. As Kinda Kev said before, FA will help a ton to sort things out for his "Perfect Draft." I concur.although not being up to perfection.

Comment

• Kato
        Kato commented
        Editing a comment
        thats a lot of pressure. I may have to switch to being a Jets fan to wiggle out of it.

• So Be
        So Be commented
        Editing a comment
        From perfection to a Jet fan? "Oh The HORROR'"

Originally posted by So Be View Post

I do feel confident that we are not gonna bring Howard back. So, you and I are off to a good start. lol

Last ear, I feel they nailed it with Ocbah, Lawson, KVN, Flowers and Karras with Jones getting back to himself thi year. A couple of RB blunders for cheap money and done is far from bad.

Draft, Davis has been great, Hunt was VG and Kindley did well. Problem was our Prime Time picks were Not Ready For Prime Time. No one can dispute the three have as much or more talent than anyone in last draft BUT, they need to show it. Imagine if they do this year which is not far fetched and we add another top draft.

This year, I want a WR an DE in FA and we can get Lawson and Samuel for about $20M combined or go Big on a WR or, spend nothing just to piss me off. As Kinda Kev said before, FA will help a ton to sort things out for his "Perfect Draft." I concur.although not being up to perfection.
      LMAO at your opening statement, good stuff!!

And you're absolutely correct, I somehow completely forgot about Ogbah & Lawson, if they weren't homers they were at least solid triples off the wall. I like KVN & I'm holding out hope he returns to the Patriot KVN, imo he wasn't quite what we needed from him last season..

Good point on the Not Ready For Primetime Picks, if they excel this season we could be a team to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

LMAO at your opening statement, good stuff!!

And you're absolutely correct, I somehow completely forgot about Ogbah & Lawson, if they weren't homers they were at least solid triples off the wall. I like KVN & I'm holding out hope he returns to the Patriot KVN, imo he wasn't quite what we needed from him last season..

Good point on the Not Ready For Primetime Picks, if they excel this season we could be a team to watch!
        I have also been impressed with what the team has done with the cheaper additions and their development. Guys like Sieler, Shaheen, a nice trade for Bowden, Gaskin, Needham, Williams and even Ahmed. They were a big help in 10 wins while we wait for the Prime Timers to be ready (add Jones to the #1's).

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X