Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Is a #1 Draft Pick Really Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Is a #1 Draft Pick Really Worth?

I see where many are in Shock over what the Rams gave to the Lions for Stafford and have to ask why many consider these #1 picks so valuable. I get when a top #1 for a QB has great value but, other than that, how much do they really matter and especially when you get out of the top ten (depending on the year)?

Aside from QB, how many #1 picks (made by the same team) were instrumental in getting their teams to a Super Bowl or even Conference Finals?

The success ratio of a 1st rounder being VG is around 50%, a coin toss, and yet most fans believe them to be close to "The Holy Grail" for bad teams. How many bad teams are now VG due to top picks? How many VG teams are now VG with little help at #1?

Maybe it's the "Feeding Frenzy" aka mock drafts that fuel this apparent misconception or, is it something else because the overall impacts of the top pics do not come close to most fans reverence of them. JMO

Makes sense , Rams believe they will pick 25-32 annually so they’re 1 is really a high 2. This is how Texans thought when they traded with us. If they had Hopkins I’d say their success would have been better this year.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps, but maybe 2 games. He had a ridiculously great year without Hopkins. It didn't relate to wins.

Late...or ineffective 1st round picks for the Pats seemed to have no real effect. Better coaching.
    Last edited by IMAWriter; 02-01-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMAWriter View Post
      Lousy 1st round picks for the Pats seemed to have no real effect. Better coaching.
      And there you have it

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X