Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Fans Buying Sizzle or Steak in NFL Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Fans Buying Sizzle or Steak in NFL Draft?

How much has the media influenced your top picks for Miami? Smith and Harris played like Gods late huge games and are Bama Buddies for Tua. How could you not consider 6 TD's in a game and leaping over a defender in a single bound? Are fans being fair to many other players on lessor advertised teams who may just be as good or better? Few if any players are gonna come remotely close to what they did in college when they get to the NFL.

Are you buying the sizzle or looking for the steak in this year's draft

Well Smith and Harris are considered to be the best players at their respective positions in the draft, which happen to be positions in which we have the greatest needs. Of course we as fans want steak and not just sizzle. They probably won't be as dominant in the NFL as they were in college but we still need to address our needs. I think our odds are much better of showing improvement at those positions are by taking the best or close to the best players in the draft at their respective positions.

Comment

• So Be
      So Be commented
      Editing a comment
      Smith is ranked #3 as is Harris by many

• FTLDOLFAN
      FTLDOLFAN commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I wasn't sure if your post was specifically about these 2 players or about the best players in the draft in general. Different draft sites rank some players differently.

• So Be
      So Be commented
      Editing a comment
      Both but the "Dynamic Duo" is at the top of everyone's list. Are they best or the one's with the best press?

I'm sure we all want steak unfortunately we'll probably end up with salisbury steak...

Comment

• gulfcoast74
      gulfcoast74 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s cool as long as there is gravy! 😜

• Driven_Phinsane!
      Driven_Phinsane! commented
      Editing a comment
      On second thought, we probably won't even get salisbury steak..tube steak maybe??

• HndRkyaBong34
      HndRkyaBong34 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha DP 🤣 what we’re gonna get is the WTF’s come draft day and Sobe trying to convince everybody to Believe! In Flo&Grier ... Merry-go-round and round... Lol 😂

Going of biggest need as I see it

Phins have WRs but none that can stay healthy

RB is probably the biggest need but #3 is too high for a RB

So I am looking at WR then RB in the 1st, with no outside influences

Comment

Etienne has not been mentioned in our want for a RB and I would be ok with him if we go this route. As for the WR group I’d be happy with any of the 3 but not at 3.
      The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Keep in mind it was our Defense that got us to 10 wins, I’d love go all D with the first 2 picks but more importantly is getting Tua off to a good start for the future.. we want steak! But will Grier draft Hamburger and try to convince us it’s a steak sandwich..... Hence his 2020 draft....

Comment

Noah Igbinoghene was a bad draft pick

Phans were correct in wanting a RB

Helaire - 800 yards with 5 TDs
          Swift - 500 with 10 TDs
          Taylor - 1,100 with 12 TDs

Any of the 3 RBs would have helped Phins over Iggy

Draft a RB early is the way to go for the Phins
          Last edited by PhinPhan68; 01-30-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhinPhan68 View Post

Swift - 500 with 10 TDs

I totally agree, the pick made no sense as it was a reach at a position that was not even a big need. Swift or Taylor would have been the way to go.

I think we all agree that we should take one of the top 3 WR's with our top pick, Smith, Chase or Waddle. I am starting to think I would rather use the #18 pick on a dynamic defensive player like Paye or Collins. I think we can address RB either at #36 or #50. I am not sure if Harris is really that much better than Williams anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
              I'm sure we all want steak unfortunately we'll probably end up with salisbury steak...
              Even that would be better than the spam we usually get.
              While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

• AquaXI
                AquaXI commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey hey! Spam is gold in these parts! We call Marino an all time Spam here haha!

• IMAWriter
                IMAWriter commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmm... thought it was only Ricky and me that felt the FO culinary efforts have been substandard. Feeding fans 2nd choice cuts not the Prime goods. Would be nice not having to yell “what???” In the 1st or 2nd round, or “who??” in round 3 or 4. Great steak doesn’t need A1 sauce....GM speak for “he’s got a great upside.”

Swift - 500 with 10 TDs

And Swift played behind Adrian Peterson for the better part of the season. Imagine if he were the starting RB from the get go.
              While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post

Even that would be better than the spam we usually get.
                You're being kind; I always say they've been serving us a shit sandwich forever..

Comment

Smith and Harris are what we call "recency bias". As you say, our last look at them was very impressive, but now we have a chance to evaluate "the gestalt". Or back to the meat of the thing. My Smith infatuation has cooled, and my RB priority has slid back a bit based on draft strategy and history. I am a month away from conjuring the perfect drafti, and a final draft should not be in place till after Free Agency.

Comment

• IMAWriter
                    IMAWriter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ll be waiting with great anticipation, oh sage Kato. It will be interesting to see how close any of us are to the FO decisions. To be fair, there at least 4 acceptable picks at #3, and assuming our need player is there at 18, prolly 3 choices that are worthy. If it’s another “great upside” guy?????

Swift - 500 with 10 TDs

Hindsight is always 100% but, let's take a closer look at the time when the decision was made.

The focus of Grier and Flo, aside from QB, was to build the trenches and the D. I don't know a single fan who disagreed and they did a Great job.

We had signed Howard and got Breida on band aid 1 year deal. Most thought this was OK because of the team's focus. Turned out it was not.

X was injured most of the year before and was still not healthy at the start of the season. We added Jones but, Flo did not like McCain in slot cover and we had Needem (good depth) and nothing else. The Secondary is Primary in Flo's D and those who can play press man cover are gold.

Enter Noah (I don't like Iggy because Ziggy played guitar and I don't want to confuse the two). His talent is as good as it gets, as said by former Phin 4 time Pro Bowler Sam Madison but, he was a WR and will need some time to develop. Madison plans on working with Noah this coming camp.

So, as hindsight is 100% for now, I do not see it being the same in the future. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post

And Swift played behind Adrian Peterson for the better part of the season. Imagine if he were the starting RB from the get go.
                    Lions signed AP to a 1 year, $1M deal in Sept. because Swift had a small injury and was struggling. First half he only had 41 carries and was a receiving back playing 30 snaps a game. 2nd half he came on getting 13 carries a game. Gaskin actually played as well, all things considered. He had 50 more snaps, 50 more yards, 7 fewer TD's and a MUCH worse OL.

I think Swift can be a star as a complete package (including blocking} but, was not in year 1 and was picked at #35 with many wanting to take him much sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
                      Smith and Harris are what we call "recency bias". As you say, our last look at them was very impressive, but now we have a chance to evaluate "the gestalt". Or back to the meat of the thing. My Smith infatuation has cooled, and my RB priority has slid back a bit based on draft strategy and history. I am a month away from conjuring the perfect drafti, and a final draft should not be in place till after Free Agency.
                      Agreed. Look forward to your draft but, am somewhat confused. You propose conjuring the "perfect draft" in a month and yet not a final draft 'till after FA. Perhaps we have different definitions of perfection. :-)

Comment

• Kato
                        Kato commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Aha, you caught me my friend... I should have said at least a month away and your right it cant be perfect if it aint final. Maybe end of March i will throw down some picks and we can be damn sure it will be as far from perfect as a Dolphin mock draft can get!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X