Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about Andy Levitre??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What about Andy Levitre??

    I know Guard Andy Levitre is a guy many of us were hoping to land a couple of years ago when he hit the FA market and now for whatever reason it looks like he may have worn out his welcome in Tennessee, though he's started every single game (32) in the last two years there. They threw a HUGE pile of $$ his way and he is scheduled to make 6.5 million this year & they more than likely will look for him to take a huge pay cut or possibly trade or outright release him - Especially since it seems they are now moving in a different direction.

    There's no way i'd pay that kind of $$ for him (or for any Guard) but i would make a phone call and see if they're interested in a sign & trade deal (Titans sign him to a lesser restructured deal to trade him away) Levitre might be happy to accomodate for a change of scenery and If the Titans think they're gonna ultimately have to let him go and get nothing in return, they may consider something like a conditional 5th rounder! Thoughts??

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...involuntarily/


  • #2
    My thoughts are that the Dolphins front office will do exactly what every other Dolphins front office has done, either ignore the glaring need or call up Tennessee and make them a lowball offer. Since they didn't make a play for Mathis I find it highly unlikely that they make one for Levitre. I think the Dolphins should have signed Mathis and now that they didn't I think they should see what Levitre will sign for, but I am not holding my breath on this one, I am tired of the disappointment.

    Comment


    • #3
      Levitre was a stud, then got paid and hasn't been the same player since. If he get's cut, and clears waivers then I would make a play for him, but not until.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ONOle1 View Post
        Levitre was a stud, then got paid and hasn't been the same player since. If he get's cut, and clears waivers then I would make a play for him, but not until.
        I know he was an absolute stud for the Bills, and his play might have leveled off, but not sure it's because he got fat & happy (I believe that's referred to as Albert Haynesworthitis) after being paid or if he just didn't quite fit the scheme Tennessee was running..I do know that he seems pretty damn durable since he's started every game since he's been in the league (96 games straight), a big step in the right direction as that's something our guys seem to have a HUGE problem with!

        Comment


        • ONole1
          ONole1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't get me wrong, I would take a run at him, but not unless TN cut him and he cleared waivers. I just think he dropped off big time. Could be scheme, but I think he played in both a ZBS and a man power blocking scheme in Buffalo and did very well. I am still not as concerned at guard as I am at LT.

      • #5
        D_P I don't really follow player from other teams. Does Levitre excel in a ZBS? If so, then maybe the FO shold work something out. However, if he is more of a power blocker (isn't that what the Bills ran) then maybe we pass.

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by Daytona Dolfan View Post
          D_P I don't really follow player from other teams. Does Levitre excel in a ZBS? If so, then maybe the FO shold work something out. However, if he is more of a power blocker (isn't that what the Bills ran) then maybe we pass.
          That's a good question DD..I was pretty sure that Buffalo ran a ZBS scheme when Levitre was there but just to be on the safe side i looked it up. They did run a stretch/zone system in 2012, same as the Titans..I'm not sure if the Titans have switched their blocking scheme since then...

          Comment


          • #7
            I would make a fair market offer for him. Remember, the general review of the line play in the first two games is that it performed pretty well. I am not sure the staff feel an urgency about getting someone in.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Finatic View Post
              I would make a fair market offer for him. Remember, the general review of the line play in the first two games is that it performed pretty well. I am not sure the staff feel an urgency about getting someone in.
              Not sure i'd bank my future on this line coming through for us..Dallas Thomas, though seemingly improved, still makes me queasy (plus he hurt his shoulder again) and Billy Turner keeps getting dinged up..Now with Fox out concussed and Albert's ETA still up in the air, it's getting scarier by the minute..Trusting that they've done enough regarding improving the line situation could ultimately be the downfall of Philbin & Co.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post
                My thoughts are that the Dolphins front office will do exactly what every other Dolphins front office has done, either ignore the glaring need or call up Tennessee and make them a lowball offer. Since they didn't make a play for Mathis I find it highly unlikely that they make one for Levitre. I think the Dolphins should have signed Mathis and now that they didn't I think they should see what Levitre will sign for, but I am not holding my breath on this one, I am tired of the disappointment.
                Do we know that the Dolphins didn't make a play for Mathis?

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Phintim Menace View Post
                  Do we know that the Dolphins didn't make a play for Mathis?
                  All we know is what we've been told which can be chalked up to rumors now. The Dolphins "might" have offered Mathis a 2 million dollar deal, maybe.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Andy Levitre, or Andy Kaufman............like many of you, call me quite skeptical of the OL, feel it is the obvious weak link in what looks to be shaping up as a solid team, and dare I say it, a winning season. As many of you have heard me chant before.....I am just a fan, not the owner and not a stockholder. It is not my money, so I don't worry too much about the financial ramifications of running the team. They should have paid Mathis to bring him in as a Priority, and they now need to possibly overpay for another Offensive Lineman because we were light this year in FA, and in the draft in that department. There will be injuries, and what looks like a nice getting along unit in August could unravel in a hurry. I say get Andy in here, or someone else. We needed talent, we need bodies. I am not sure if I can take another year of talking about a dysfunctional offensive line

                    Comment


                    • cuchulainn
                      cuchulainn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Latka! lol...

                      Yeah... there is a lot riding on whether Albert can come back and play at the same level as before, or even at a good/average level and whether the young guys at guard can step up and get better over time... thus far, they haven't been too bad.

                      What I do like is that the coaches are not jerking Douglas and Turner around like they have Dallas each season since he was drafted and also that they are leaving James at RT. There is some progress in their thinking at least that it's better to have 1 tackle struggling than both tackle positions.

                      IF Albert and Fox are lost for significant time, I would like them to put Turner back as his natural LT spot, then plug Dallas back into his more natural Guard position...

                  Unconfigured Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X