Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Tannehill

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ryan Tannehill

    After the firing of Bill Lazor, Tannehill was allowed to audible and change the plays at the line of scrimmage. He met will coaches all week to design a brand new game plan tailored to his strengths. He was cut loose. Wow! What an "amazing" performance against one of the worst passing defenses in the league. Tannehill has good blocking against the Ravens, with a balanced attack, mixing the playcalling up, Tannehill was NOT able to do ANYTHING against the Ravens. Minus the ONE PLAY to Parker, Ryan Tannehill looked utterly worthless. Was it because the Dolphins ran the ball so much? Nope! It's because Tannehill sucks!

    9 Attempts
    19 Attempts
    86 Yards
    1 Touchdown
    Last edited by DolphinsFreak; 12-06-2015, 05:25 PM.

  • #2
    tannehill was utterly horrible. he threw so many ducks today makes me think that he is part of the problems on offense.
    if this team wants to run the ball and you have a qb that can't get into rhythm until he shoots 20 passes,then he's the wrong qb .
    it should have been tannehills day but he can't play under pressure and I don't mean pressure from line men but pressure from situations.
    even average qb's in the nfl can perform under pressure just not at a consistent like the elite ones do.
    tannehill in MHO performed below the ave. qb in the nfl today.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by phinfanfrom70s View Post
      tannehill was utterly horrible. he threw so many ducks today makes me think that he is part of the problems on offense.
      if this team wants to run the ball and you have a qb that can't get into rhythm until he shoots 20 passes,then he's the wrong qb .
      it should have been tannehills day but he can't play under pressure and I don't mean pressure from line men but pressure from situations.
      even average qb's in the nfl can perform under pressure just not at a consistent like the elite ones do.
      tannehill in MHO performed below the ave. qb in the nfl today.
      Its a team game and we have lost when Tannehill has put up good numbers. Today he was awful except for 2 crucial throws that he made but yet we won. I do think he needs to be replaced and I think he will be. We made a big mistake giving him that huge deal in the offseason. I would have just let him play out his rookie contract and then parted ways with him this offseason. Unfortunately we are stuck with him for another season.

      Comment


      • phinfanfrom70s
        phinfanfrom70s commented
        Editing a comment
        well we probably would have still have him no matter what.
        matt moore is not coming back so tannehill would end up the back up,if they get a qb of any kind of talent either in the draft or a free agent going into training camp !

    • #4
      Can we just enjoy a win?

      Comment


      • phinfanfrom70s
        phinfanfrom70s commented
        Editing a comment
        that comment is hog wash, forums are for people to discuss different aspects of the subject of the post,many views people agree with many don't,but to say not to discuss the topic of the post in a certain manner is selfish because you personally don't want to discuss this topic RYAN TANNEHILL in all it's aspects doesn't mean everyone doesn't .I don't think that people shouldn't go on a post and suggest that you shouldn't discuss it in a manner that pleases that person's attitude at the time if it doesn't go against the rules of the forum..

      • Finatic
        Finatic commented
        Editing a comment
        You know Phinfanfrom70s I couldn't disagree with you more. You contradict yourself. Just as it is his right to express his feelings and thoughts about the game and Tannehill, it is my right to disagree with it. There is no concept in the world of forums that says someone can express themselves and everyone has to be OK with it. Others can agree and I can disagree. It is what forums are about after all is the debate and ones expression. So I exercise my right to disagree with his approach and your post. See how that works?

    • #5
      Yes Finatic, I agree. Sometimes Dolfans are so cynical they don't even enjoy it when we win. Winning games in the NFL is hard and it should never be taken for granted. We just beat one of the teams we hate the most outside of our own division. So lets enjoy it.

      Comment


      • #6
        Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post

        Its a team game and we have lost when Tannehill has put up good numbers. Today he was awful except for 2 crucial throws that he made but yet we won. I do think he needs to be replaced and I think he will be. We made a big mistake giving him that huge deal in the offseason. I would have just let him play out his rookie contract and then parted ways with him this offseason. Unfortunately we are stuck with him for another season.
        I agree.

        Yeah, the Dolphins get the win but right now the Dolphins are basically playing these games for nothing other then to evaluate the "talent" that they have on their team to see which players are worth bringing back next season. Well, it's not like any of these coaches will be with the team anyway but they will try to win while the rest of us evaluate the talent. Tannehill is not talented. He is not a franchise quarterback. He is not even a good "game manager." He is just a quarterback that will keep this team from going anywhere as long as the coaches and front office think he is worthy of starting. This organization desperately needs to sign and/or draft a replacement and competition for him next season. The Dolphins can beat terrible teams and those victories are not worth celebrating. All these meaningless wins do is give the Dolphins a worse draft position. Can they beat a team with a winning record? Nope!

        Comment


        • #7
          The best we can hope from Tannehill is to move him to WR and maybe he can become Brian Hartline. Time to move on from Tannehill.

          Comment


          • #8
            Originally posted by hawkfinfan View Post
            The best we can hope from Tannehill is to move him to WR and maybe he can become Brian Hartline. Time to move on from Tannehill.
            He can't play WR in the NFL. Either we trade him or we stick it out with him for another year. We have to draft a QB in April.

            Comment


            • #9
              Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post
              After the firing of Bill Lazor, Tannehill was allowed to audible and change the plays at the line of scrimmage. He met will coaches all week to design a brand new game plan tailored to his strengths. He was cut loose. Wow! What an "amazing" performance against one of the worst passing defenses in the league. Tannehill has good blocking against the Ravens, with a balanced attack, mixing the playcalling up, Tannehill was NOT able to do ANYTHING against the Ravens. Minus the ONE PLAY to Parker, Ryan Tannehill looked utterly worthless. Was it because the Dolphins ran the ball so much? Nope! It's because Tannehill sucks!

              9 Attempts
              19 Attempts
              86 Yards
              1 Touchdown
              lol,, i saw his stat line & thought he had to have left the game early with an injury or something, that's just flat-out pathetic but i didn't see the game so i can't say too much..Hold on, i'm gonna go watch the highlights...I'm back, that took all of about 5 seconds...Man, that must've been one ugly game to sit through...
              Last edited by Driven_Phinsane!; 12-06-2015, 09:17 PM.

              Comment


              • Dolfan1
                Dolfan1 commented
                Editing a comment
                We had 20 seconds of excitement what more do you want?

            • #10
              Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post

              He can't play WR in the NFL. Either we trade him or we stick it out with him for another year. We have to draft a QB in April.
              We can always try this crazy idea of using free agency and/or the draft to bring some real competition into Miami to either push Tannehill or take over the job. That comment is for the current and past coaching staffs who never did this. I don't understand why the Dolphins seem to be the only team in the NFL that is content with ONE quarterback and a barely decent backup, rather then having someone backing up their QB who is nipping at the heels of their starting quarterback. Unless the QB in question is ELITE the team should have a backup who is pushing for the starting job. This has never been the case with Miami.

              Comment


              • #11
                Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

                lol,, i saw his stat line & thought he had to have left the game early with an injury or something, that's just flat-out pathetic but i didn't see the game so i can't sat too much..Hold on, i'm gonna go watch the highlights...I'm back, that took all of about 5 seconds...Man, that must've been one ugly game to sit through...
                We really did nothing in the game except for flurry late in the first half. Jones had an INT then the next play Tannehill threw the TD pass to Parker. Then a few plays later Shelby had a pick 6. We ended up going for 2 because the Ravens were offsides a couple times on the extra point so thats why we scored 15 points. If not for those turnovers we might have gotten shut out. But hey we won which is all that matters.

                Comment


                • Driven_Phinsane!
                  Driven_Phinsane! commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not sure that winning this meaningless game matters at all...I mean, when you're still in the thick of things you'll take an ugly win..but when your season is over an ugly win is just,, well, an ugly win....

              • #12
                Look, at this point Tannehill is what he is. the Phins will have to ride with him for one more year and then move on. I hope the new FO will see Tannehill for what he is and draft someone to replace him.

                Comment


                • #13
                  We should discuss this. Yet the owner of the Forum should also be respected. I'm coming around for the first time to Tannehill being just average and the Dolphins need to look at the last 5 games and all of next year and make a decision.
                  The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

                  Comment


                  • Finatic
                    Finatic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am not saying it can't be discussed. I just know no matter if we win or lose that some fans are going to pile on Tannehill. I just feel with little to feel good about, that it would be nice to enjoy a win.

                • #14
                  To be honest i really expected Tannehill to have a very good game today..I mean once again i have to say i didn't see any of the game other than highlights but it seems that the defense was strong getting a goal line stand & 2 key INT's (one a pick-6) and the ground game with Lamar Miller killing it seemed to be working like a champ for awhile..but where the hell was Tannehill??? He's given more latitude to audible, he's given more input in the gameplanning and the running of the O, he's encouraged by DC to run the ball..yet other than the pretty TD pass to DeVante (And i have to say here that judging by the highlights that play was made by a great leaping effort by DeVante!) it seems he flat-out sucked!

                  His stat line was abysmal and i heard the whole O was only able to generate 63 yards total in the 2nd half!!! Take away the pick-6 and the O only generated 9 points..Wow!!!

                  Comment


                  • #15
                    Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

                    lol,, i saw his stat line & thought he had to have left the game early with an injury or something, that's just flat-out pathetic but i didn't see the game so i can't say too much..Hold on, i'm gonna go watch the highlights...I'm back, that took all of about 5 seconds...Man, that must've been one ugly game to sit through...
                    AHA! If you did watch the Dolphins "highlights" it would only take about 5-11 seconds. An interception and ONE touchdown throw to Parker and maybe a few runs were all the team did that was worthy of watching again. Tannehill looked terrible. It was his time to shine since all his excuses were gone. He can't blame Sherman. He can't blame Lazor. He can't blame Wallace. This was Tannehill's game to shine. It was his game to show what he can do, with the offense that he wants to run. Well, you saw the ridiculous stat line so you got an idea of how the game went for him. Stats don't mean much because he usually pads his stats in the 4th quarter like he did last week. I mean, last week he looked terrible for most of the game but if you looked at his stats it looked like he actually had a great game, when he didn't, he played terribly last game. However, this game the stats matched the performance. Besides a couple passes he looked horrible. You should watch the game when it re-airs and comeback and give us your opinion on the entire game, that should be comical.

                    Comment

                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X