This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins Tid Bits

Since Miami seems to be a media darling again (they have worked their asses off to earn it), there is lots of stuff out there. Figured I would start a thread to just put random stuff...We'll see how it goes...

Some good stuff from Cameron Wolfe

Cameron Wolfe

@CameronWolfe
    I wrote about it last week but can't say enough about Brian Flores' Dolphins turnaround. A few defensive stats: Pressures/Dropback: 3rd in 2020, last in 2019. Takeaways: T-4th in 2020, T-28th in 2019. Opp QBR: 9th in 2020, Last in 2019.

Dolphins D since Week 5, when their 4-game win streak began per
    @ESPNStatsInfo
    : NFL Rank Total QBR 33 1st PPG 16.3 1st Comp pct 56% 2nd Pressure pct 40% 4th

Miami wearing the throwback Whites this Sunday.

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/st...62629001617408

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Love those unis just as much as last week's. Marino looked BIG in that uni.

In every Power Ranking I've seen, we're ranked in the top 10..Surprisingly PFT with renowned Fin Hater Mike Florio ranking us at #9

Comment

Originally posted by ONole1 View Post
      Miami wearing the throwback Whites this Sunday.

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/st...62629001617408
      I absolutely love the throwback uniforms

Also love the old school painted endzone too

Comment

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        68....I was on board with all 3, mostly with Taylor at first, then Edwards-Helaire.

• PhinPhan68
        PhinPhan68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Swift is averaging 4.7 yards a carry

He also has 6 TDs on limited playing time

• Driven_Phinsane!
        Driven_Phinsane! commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been pretty happy with most of the decisions we've made so far, but a few of us were pounding the table for a stud RB last draft (mainly Swift). Who knows, maybe Iggy will be the right choice somewhere down the road, but not having that go-to back may be what keeps us out of the playoffs this year..

For all the games before his injury. Gaskin was graded higher than the run blocking, as he got everything that was there, albeit with nothing extra.

Last game the OL had easily it's best overall performance, with a VG run block overall grade but, the runner's grade was over 10 points below.

MAYBE the OL is gelling after 8 games and MAYBE Gaskin or another will have enough space to run in order to make the Dolphins more of a legt threat to playoff type teams.

Comment

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        Watching football for 60 years, it's clear to see what a game changing RB can do for a team...Jim Brown, Sayers, Sanders, Josh Johnson, Saquon, OJ, Derrick Henry, etc. What a weapon that can be...especially when the midrange passing game is your OC's way to go. Fins can't take a whole lot of deep shots just yet. Next draft.

• HndRkyaBong34
        HndRkyaBong34 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ima I’ve been saying that for years but it’s always “ we can find RB’s in the later rounds “ Uh, No you can’t.... Bring on Harris and Tua...🐬🍻

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        A bit misleading, as the Fins played conservatively 3rd and 4th quarter, which letr the defense key on the run. A better test would be the 1st half perhaps? Also, Jackson may not be in tgip top shape after the layoff?

Originally posted by So Be View Post
      For all the games before his injury. Gaskin was graded higher than the run blocking, as he got everything that was there, albeit with nothing extra.

Last game the OL had easily it's best overall performance, with a VG run block overall grade but, the runner's grade was over 10 points below.

MAYBE the OL is gelling after 8 games and MAYBE Gaskin or another will have enough space to run in order to make the Dolphins more of a legt threat to playoff type teams.
      Good stuff & would be awesome if this young Line (with the few savvy vets thrown into the mix) continues to improve & gel..Maybe as you say it will lessen the impact of not having a bell cow back.

While I appreciate the hell outta what Gaskin has given us & it's unfortunate he had to be IR'd & will miss at least 2 more games, I'm hoping one of the new guys (Ahmed or Washington) take the opportunity to Wally Pipp his ass!

Comment

• IMAWriter
        IMAWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha.....got that backwards, my friend...Gehrig replaced Pipp...but I got your meaning. Funny thing, Pipp was a VERY good player.

• Driven_Phinsane!
        Driven_Phinsane! commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, my thinking got a bit twisted, but I was pretty sure it wasn't Pipp who replaced Gehrig, lol

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
      In every Power Ranking I've seen, we're ranked in the top 10..Surprisingly PFT with renowned Fin Hater Mike Florio ranking us at #9
      Fin Hater is putting it mildly, every time I call him out for disrespecting the Phins, he deletes the post rather than have to answer to it.
      While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

Agree it takes time to gell, and with three rooks playing it will take more. You usually see that in the pass blocking though. Ahmed, seemed to hit the holes quicker than Gaskin. I like Gaskin, just don't see a lot of instinct from him.

Comment

• IMAWriter
          IMAWriter commented
          Editing a comment
          Kindley appears to be a Ja'Waan James...injured a lot. Jackson as well. THOSE 2 are the best of the 3 drafted. Feet, ankles, etc. Maybe some work on technique might help avoid those sort of injuries. Jackson was rusty..having only played, what 5 games? Lucky Bosa is out Sunday, though he seemed to be more on the Dolphins right side? Not sure who the matchup is for Jackson and Davis/Hunt. Should be a great battle between the offenses. I give the Fins the defensive edge.

• cuchulainn
          cuchulainn commented
          Editing a comment
          IMA, not sure what you're referring too. Kindley hasn't missed a game all season. He was pulled during the game due to defensive stunts the Cards were running up the middle. Marshall wanted a vet presence there, so he put Jackson back at LT and used Davis as the swing man back at his prior position at RG. Kindley was simply the odd man out.

The 9ers DL was accused of stomping on guys feet a few weeks ago. That's nothing to do with conditioning.

NFL.com had us at 12 earlier today. (Dan Hanzus)
        In the wake of Week 9, Dan Hanzus updates his Power Rankings. How high do the Saints fly? How low do the Bucs go? Check out the full pecking order, 1-32.

Comment

Miami Dolphins

First half in two words: Trust Flores. The Dolphins are good again, and at least a year earlier than many predicted after their dramatic rebuild. Coach Brian Flores has guided this team from an 0-7 start in 2019 to 10-7 over its past 17 games. An October quarterback change from veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick to rookie Tua Tagovailoa looked curious on the surface, but like almost everything Flores has touched with the Dolphins, it has worked out. With a top-five scoring defense and an exciting young QB, there's more optimism around the Dolphins now than there has been in more than a decade. Biggest question left to answer: Can Miami make the playoffs without a reliable running game? The Dolphins have the 28th-best rushing attack (97.1 yards per game) in the NFL, which is a combination of poor run blocking by a young offensive line and ineffective rushing by a committee of players. The hope is lead back Myles Gaskin's return from a knee injury later this month coupled with more reps for the offensive line will turn into improvement. But it's unrealistic to expect the Dolphins will go from bad to good here in the second half of the season, so the concern then shifts to whether Miami's strengths on defense, special teams and passing offense can compensate.

Which is the toughest game left? Week 14 vs. the Kansas City Chiefs. The defending champions are still one of the NFL's most feared teams, and Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes will test the Dolphins' much-improved defense, which has had some struggles against mobile and elite QBs. On the other side of the ball, Tagovailoa will go head to head with Kansas City's sixth-ranked scoring defense. It's a heck of a challenge for a rookie, but it will be great for the Dolphins and their fans to just be in the thick of these meaningful challenges.

Final record prediction: 10-6. With a 50% chance of making the playoffs, per ESPN's Football Power Index, a top-five scoring defense and an ascending young QB in Tagovailoa, the playoffs are a realistic goal. -- Cameron Wolfe
          While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

Good stuff & would be awesome if this young Line (with the few savvy vets thrown into the mix) continues to improve & gel..Maybe as you say it will lessen the impact of not having a bell cow back.

While I appreciate the hell outta what Gaskin has given us & it's unfortunate he had to be IR'd & will miss at least 2 more games, I'm hoping one of the new guys (Ahmed or Washington) take the opportunity to Wally Pipp his ass!
            If you're hoping for a baseball player comparison, Bo would be my choice. "Dream Weaver."

Comment

Originally posted by ONole1 View Post

Agree it takes time to gell, and with three rooks playing it will take more. You usually see that in the pass blocking though. Ahmed, seemed to hit the holes quicker than Gaskin. I like Gaskin, just don't see a lot of instinct from him.
              What I have seen, over the last 8 games, on the OL is everyone improving week to week, not making the same mistakes and just recently playing more together as a unit/knowing each other better. Agree on Ahmed but, Howard was slow. Yet, because of blocking, was able to make a couple of important runs (including a TD). This VG play from the OL could have been the match up but, they still improved and will very likely continue to do so.

I am very much liking the guys we have and see no need to change next year. When Karass was asked about his upcoming FA, he said I wanna stay here. Think he will.

Comment

Williams on IR. This hurts. Who steps up?

Comment

Williams on IR. This hurts. Who steps up?
                  That's terrible news, he was just starting to play better..I think I'd give Mack Hollins a serious look, Maybe Merritt as well..

Comment

That's terrible news, he was just starting to play better..I think I'd give Mack Hollins a serious look, Maybe Merritt as well..
                    Zero NFL RB's and one NFL starting WR? Just where we need to be. Chalk Up the Chargers. Cha Ching!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X