X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Good Stuff from A Hell of a Game

Gailey called a Great game

Tua executed a Great game.

Contributions from almost everyone, even guys like Achmed and Collins who I did not even know were on the team.

Ogbah with yet another Big play. He is looking like a Pro Bowler.

X contained Hopkins to next to nothing, also looking like a Pro Bowler.

Next?

Refs were horrible. TUA showed great leadership and a competitive nature. Very accurate. OL a b d DL were real up and down. Felt like Flores got outcoached on defense, no plan for containing Murray. All in all a road win versus a quality opponent. I can see the future developing.

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't disagree, but will add Murray and the Cards do that thing they do to a LOT of their opponents.

I really didnt think we would win this game. This is the most impressive victory the Dolphins have had in a long time. To beat a quality opponent on the road. Tua looked like the real deal. Just an impressive team victory. Lets keep this train rolling.

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      I was with you. I figured a 10 point loss. did make a killing on the Dallas-Pittsburgh game. I said it would be closer than you expect. I had 13 1/2 points and the Pokes. I think the spread actually got to 14.5 on some boards.

Originally posted by Finatic View Post
    Refs were horrible. TUA showed great leadership and a competitive nature. Very accurate. OL a b d DL were real up and down. Felt like Flores got outcoached on defense, no plan for containing Murray. All in all a road win versus a quality opponent. I can see the future developing.
    Every team in the NFL has a plan for containing Murray. They rarely work as he's Mongoose fast and shifty. Having a plan and guys actually executing it to perfection aren't the same thing. Cardinals were on a three game winning streak and had just beaten the Seahawks last weekend in a game where Murray accounted for 430 yards of offense and 4 TDs. Both X and Byron struggled in this game and the refs were giving the Cards yardage each drive.

Turning point on Murray's running came after he tried to go head first for the 1st down and Byron Jones nailed him to stop him short. He did not run again in the game after that and Kingsbury went to the well one time too many in trying to go for it on 4th down.

Comment

• Idahomer
      Idahomer commented
      Editing a comment
      You're point Wulf? Are you saying the Seahawks are bad, thus this isn't an impressive win against a very good football team?

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Cuch...add to the fact Murray can really throw the ball as well. He is impressive.

• Wulf
      Wulf commented
      Editing a comment
      Ida, just pointing out that they are not the Seahawks of yesteryear...
      Just maintaining perspective

Gotta disagree with you on Flo and the D. AZ is a potent team on offense. They rank #5 in total yards, #2 in rushing, and 6th in ppg. The defense flushed Murray a lot, the problem is he is so quick and sudden, they couldn't contain him once they flushed him. He is actually the 8th leading rusher in the NFL. Don't underestimate how good AZ's offense is and how well Murray is playing.

The defense came up big when it needed to. This was a good game with two up and coming teams. Enjoy the ride, it was a damned fun game to watch.

Comment

• IMAWriter
      IMAWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Fun to listen to as well. haha. They carried the Raiders- Chargers here in Nashville.

• Wulf
      Wulf commented
      Editing a comment
      Our games are becoming great viewing, hope it translates to more national coverage

Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
    I really didnt think we would win this game. This is the most impressive victory the Dolphins have had in a long time. To beat a quality opponent on the road. Tua looked like the real deal. Just an impressive team victory. Lets keep this train rolling.
    It's funny but at least for the moment I'm going into every game thinking we're gonna win. I was hoping we'd do a better job of containing Murray but he is an awesome talent (I seriously wanted him when he came out but had no idea he'd go as high as he did) and tbh I think Kingsbury cost AZ. the game by taking the ball out of Murray's hands on those two huge 4th down plays.

I gotta add that other than the traveling part there isn't much to the whole road win thing in the league this year, but still it was one impressive ass win..

I watched every minute of this exciting game and to be honest i'm still having a hard time figuring out how we won!
    Last edited by Driven_Phinsane!; 11-09-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

We need to address the run game immediately.
      when I heard Ahmed was going in, I expected Jeff Dunham to be behind him screaming I Keeeel you.

Comment

Originally posted by 61finfan View Post
      We need to address the run game immediately.
      The trade deadlines come & gone, so unfortunately there's no outside help on the way..It's painful watching Howard, it's like he's running in quicksand, Breida's out with a hamstring issue, Gaskin's out for at least 2 more games..

I vote we give that new kid Salvon Ahmed the job,, he looked pretty good last night! Just read where he ended up with just under 40 yards on 7 carries & that 19 yard run was pretty sweet!

Last edited by Driven_Phinsane!; 11-09-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Idahomer
        Idahomer commented
        Editing a comment
        He was very good in college. Would have had much better numbers if he hadn't been behind Gaskin for 3 years.

• Driven_Phinsane!
        Driven_Phinsane! commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah Ida, I recall you saying we should give him a shot,, if last night's any indication I'd immediately insert him into the starting line-up!

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

The trade deadlines come & gone, so unfortunately there's no outside help on the way..It's painful watching Howard, it's like he's running in quicksand, Breida's out with a hamstring issue, Gaskin's out for at least 2 more games..

I vote we give that new kid Salvon Ahmed the job,, he looked pretty good last night! Just read where he ended up with just under 40 yards on 7 carries & that 19 yard run was pretty sweet!
      Ahmed looked really good. Seemed to be faster and shiftier than Gaskin and I don't recall him running into piles. Looked like what we expected from Breida.

Comment

Funny how the two guys you mention were the two guys (not really here) that were getting skewered on Dolphin boards all across the nation last Monday. Zero to hero is a common theme with arm chair QB's isn't it

Comment

Announcers were pathetic too. The facemask call that they claim was wrong they totally missed. While the guy didn't have Jacksons face mask, his other hand was yanking down Tua's head by the facemask. The replay didn't show it clear and the announcers basically went with the "that's a bad call" theme. It was not a bad call, it was the correct call. Then they called Hollins Gesecki, they never questioned the horrible PI on Howard where he was completely turned and about to intercept the ball when Hopkins ran back through X.. Most AZ fans are blaming the loss on that facemask call that the announcers didn't look closely enough at and claimed it to be a bad call.

Not sure I agree that Flores got outcoached with no plan for Murray. No team has come up with a plan for Murray, which is why they bode the best offense in the NFL. They tried just about every defense they had to keep him in the pocket. At the end of the day beating a very good team on the road (which you noted) is a very good sign. And beating a team when the best unit you have struggles some makes it even more impressive!!

Comment

@CameronWolfe
            Dolphins D since Week 5, when their 4-game win streak began per @ESPNStatsInfo:
            NFL Rank
            Total QBR 33 - 1st
            PPG 16.3 - 1st
            Comp pct 56% - 2nd
            Pressure pct 40% - 4th

Comment

@WingfieldNFL

Jason Sanders is the only kicker in the NFL with at least 12 made kicks and no misses.

Matt Haack is 9th in net punting and tied for 4th on punts pinned inside the 20.

Jakeem Grant leads the NFL in punt return yards.

Comment

By far, the Biggest deal of the deal was that for years we have all been watching Exciting young QB come into the league and make plays to win games. Now, WE HAVE ONE OF OUR OWN.

Comment

@WingfieldNFL

NFL Next Gen Stats has the Tagovailoa to Hollins 11-yard TD strike with a 16.4% completion probability, the 11th-lowest odds on a completed pass in the NFL this year.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X