Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you draft in Round 1 next year?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who would you draft in Round 1 next year?

    Well now that today's loss officially ended any realistic playoff hopes we had we might as well start looking ahead. Its looking like we should have a top 10 draft pick since we probably will only win 1 or 2 more games this season. Here are 4 players who should realistically be available to us in the draft. Which one would you choose or would you choose someone else?

    LB Jaylon Smith

    DB Jalen Ramsey

    DE Emmanuel Ogbah

    QB Jared Goff

    We are in such bad shape we could really use all 4 of them.

  • #2
    I want the LB, Smith, but it makes more sense to take a CB in the first IMO.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cuchulainn View Post
      I want the LB, Smith, but it makes more sense to take a CB in the first IMO.
      I know what you mean, we need a LB like Smith who can stop the run and who is also great in coverage. We also need a DB since Grimes looks like he is finished and Taylor sucks. We also need a DE who can rush the passer and we need a real QB. Like I said we really need all 4 of those players.

      Comment


      • #4
        The Broncos hahaha

        Comment


        • #5
          Ramsey is a rare talent.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post
            Well now that today's loss officially ended any realistic playoff hopes we had we might as well start looking ahead. Its looking like we should have a top 10 draft pick since we probably will only win 1 or 2 more games this season. Here are 4 players who should realistically be available to us in the draft. Which one would you choose or would you choose someone else?

            LB Jaylon Smith

            DB Jalen Ramsey

            DE Emmanuel Ogbah

            QB Jared Goff

            We are in such bad shape we could really use all 4 of them.
            It would be nice to FINALLY draft a player in the first round who will actually START. That right there would be the key in my opinion. Maybe it might be a good idea to look deeper into their background so they will know if they have any preexisting conditions that would prohibit them from being able to contribute day one.

            Having said that, I would start at the quarterback position. I am not sold on Goff, but I would take just about anyone over Tannehill right now. He is far from being a franchise quarterback and I really don't think he will be a "game manager" for any team in the league no matter how great their o-line is, etc. He's not an NFL quarterback. His stats are padded by throwing touchdowns in GARBAGE TIME but none of that matters. He stinks and the Dolphins need to find a replacement, asap. After QB they need to get a CB to either help Grimes out or replace him. The Dolphins definitely need to find a true MLB sometime soon though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DolphinsFreak View Post

              It would be nice to FINALLY draft a player in the first round who will actually START. That right there would be the key in my opinion. Maybe it might be a good idea to look deeper into their background so they will know if they have any preexisting conditions that would prohibit them from being able to contribute day one.

              Having said that, I would start at the quarterback position. I am not sold on Goff, but I would take just about anyone over Tannehill right now. He is far from being a franchise quarterback and I really don't think he will be a "game manager" for any team in the league no matter how great their o-line is, etc. He's not an NFL quarterback. His stats are padded by throwing touchdowns in GARBAGE TIME but none of that matters. He stinks and the Dolphins need to find a replacement, asap. After QB they need to get a CB to either help Grimes out or replace him. The Dolphins definitely need to find a true MLB sometime soon though.
              I think the player who we select in the first round next year will start from day one unless we pick someone out of left field which with this front office I wouldn't put it past them. We have so many needs how could they not start from day one.

              I know you are not a fan of Goff and I actually think he will be off the board when we select anyway unless we go winless the rest of the season. I would draft a QB in the middle or later rounds because Tannehill is going to be back next year anyway and we have to rebuild our defense because its atrocious.

              Jaylon Smith would be my first choice. We have to stop the run and he is also a good coverage LB. If he is not available then Jalen Ramsey would be my next choice. Our secondary is horrible. Ogbah would be my third choice since Wake and OV might be gone next year. If thats the case we won't have any legit edge rushers. If we had just drafted Ziggy Ansah instead of Dion Jordan back in 2013 then this would not be as crucial of a need but this is what you get when you suck at the draft for so long.

              Comment


              • #8
                Jalen Ramsey for me. I'm hoping Reggie Ragland is there in the 2nd.
                The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Aquaaiea View Post
                  Jalen Ramsey for me. I'm hoping Reggie Ragland is there in the 2nd.
                  Hey Aqua, I see you are also studying up on your draft prospects. I would be happy with Jalen Ramsey in the first round. Unfortunately I don't think Reggie Ragland will last until the 2nd round. Maybe someone like Cassanova McKinzey from Auburn in the 3rd round might be a good MLB selection.

                  Comment


                  • AquaXI
                    AquaXI commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hear Mckinzey is bad in coverage which makes me queasy on him. If we have a good LB coach I'll wouldn't mind.

                • #10
                  Originally posted by FTLDOLFAN View Post

                  I think the player who we select in the first round next year will start from day one unless we pick someone out of left field which with this front office I wouldn't put it past them. We have so many needs how could they not start from day one.

                  I know you are not a fan of Goff and I actually think he will be off the board when we select anyway unless we go winless the rest of the season. I would draft a QB in the middle or later rounds because Tannehill is going to be back next year anyway and we have to rebuild our defense because its atrocious.

                  Jaylon Smith would be my first choice. We have to stop the run and he is also a good coverage LB. If he is not available then Jalen Ramsey would be my next choice. Our secondary is horrible. Ogbah would be my third choice since Wake and OV might be gone next year. If thats the case we won't have any legit edge rushers. If we had just drafted Ziggy Ansah instead of Dion Jordan back in 2013 then this would not be as crucial of a need but this is what you get when you suck at the draft for so long.
                  There's a lot of things that could happen from now and draft day. I might even get my wish that Ross actually makes moves that proves that he really cares about the Miami Dolphins franchise and fires everybody from Tannenbaum on down. Then, the new regime actually drafts players that we need that can start day one. And, if I really get what I want then the Dolphins will be able to draft the best CB or MLB on the board in round one and then Cook falls to the 2nd round.

                  Comment


                  • London Fish & Chips
                    London Fish & Chips commented
                    Editing a comment
                    MLB and CB, we absolutely have neither on this team, and I'm including all LB'ers....none nada zilch

                  • DolphinsFreak
                    DolphinsFreak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. If the Dolphins were to lose every single one of their current linebackers next season I don't think any fan would be upset. This linebacking corps really flies under the radar because of the deficiencies in other areas are so glaring but these LB's probably wouldn't start on most teams in the league. Grimes is the best corner that the Dolphins has and he looks to be on the way out from elite status to retirement. Ugh. Blind love is the only explanation to why we keep following this team that breaks our hearts year after year.

                • #11
                  I think Jelani Jenkins is a decent WLB. He will be back. It wouldn't surprise me if Misi and the rest of the LB's are gone next year. If we could get Jaylon Smith in the draft to anchor the middle of our defense and Dion Jordan gets his act together he could be a solid SAM LB then we might have a decent LB corps.

                  Our secondary is a mess. The only good player we have there is Reshad Jones. Grimes has deteriorated quickly and Taylor has been very disappointing and FS is no better with Thomas and Aikens. I think we get rid of Grimes. Maybe we bring Sean Smith back? He is a free agent. We also have to draft a corner early and hopefully sign Taushan Gipson the FS with the Browns.

                  The D-line is also in flux with Wake's future with the team uncertain and OV and Shelby being free agents. DE has all of a sudden become a major need. I really like Emmanuel Ogbah but we would have to take him in the first round. If not maybe we can address it in the 2nd or 3rd round.

                  We still haven't even gotten to the o-line. We need to sign a starting caliber free agent OG, someone like Alex Boone and upgrade the backup OT position. Jason Fox does not belong in the NFL. Hopefully we can address the o-line in free agency and leave the draft to the defense and a QB.

                  Speaking of QB, I don't think we will draft one in the first round. I think there are some good prospects who we could get later in the draft. Some that come to mind are Chad Kelly from Ole Miss, Kevin Hogan from Stanford and Nate Sudfeld from Indiana.

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Who ever it is they have to start from day one. No injury ( Devante Parker ) or drug fiends ( Dion Jordan ). BTW has anybody heard an update on whether Dion Drug Fiend Jordan is clean and working out?

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      First & foremost we better get someone in the F.O. who can recognize good football talent and obviously while we're at it let's also find someone who can coach it!

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        DB Jalen Ramsey

                        Is the real deal. Can play both Safety and Corner. Might be more ideal to play Safety in the NFL. Ideal for the Robber position. Pairing him with Jones, would be an excellent match up. We haven't seen this type of talent since Eric Berry, Sean Taylor.

                        That is the type of player Ramsey could become.

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Originally posted by Bahamas View Post
                          DB Jalen Ramsey

                          Is the real deal. Can play both Safety and Corner. Might be more ideal to play Safety in the NFL. Ideal for the Robber position. Pairing him with Jones, would be an excellent match up. We haven't seen this type of talent since Eric Berry, Sean Taylor.

                          That is the type of player Ramsey could become.
                          Would love to have him at Safety. That said, we have nothing at CB apart from Grimes. Bobby McCain may develop, but he's also a very small corner like Grimes. Both are around 5' 8"/9".

                          Comment


                          • Bahamas
                            Bahamas commented
                            Editing a comment
                            What up brov

                            Don't forget about Lippett. He fits the mold of the once departed Sean Smith. However, limited time playing cornerback. You could potentially line up Ramsey at nickel, but I would waste him on the boundaries.

                            Whom ever comes in, there will be a definite shake up of the D and O.

                            Basically, I would throw out everyone except Suh, Jones and Jenkins. I would keep Philips, McCain (Chris and Bobby), Lippett, Hewitt, Fede,....that's it.

                            We need to use our first 3 picks on D.

                            If the draft was today, this would be my first 3 selection

                            Ramsey - 1st round
                            Kendall Fuller, CB, - 2nd round - might be a steal based on his injury concern...but was ranked the best CB in the draft before that
                            Jordan Jenkins, DE/OLB, Georgia - 3rd round

                        Unconfigured Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X