penalties and a team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penalties and a team.

penalties can tell you so much about a team!
    the first thing you think is that the team is undisciplined and that maybe the case but it can also be another sign!

if you have a talented team with highly performing players,then I say that it's probably a discipline thing going on,and could come down to something not right in the coaching and team unity.
    some teams have personalities in players that clash and everyone doesn't play as a unit but as individuals and that leads to undisciplined penalties.

another is a team that has talent that is lower than the top teams ,so those players play hard and put their all in to performing but to do enough to do a good job these type players hold and do other thing just to perform to an acceptable level and get penalties.
    Ithink this is what happens to miami a lot.
    take jason fox,he holds and if he doesn't tannehill gets killed. it isn't jason fox wants to hold but he does to prevent his guy getting and making a play.he just doesn't have the talent ,but he has the will to do it!

so miami and the penalties tells me these guys are trying to do the job and try hard to get it done for dan campbell but it's the talent situation.
    they don't have the talent to keep up with the opposing talent ,so the penalties come in an effort to do things above the talent level.
    there's undisciplined penalties and penalties that happen in normal play,no team is perfect and it's those ones that come at critical times are the ones that hurt.
    miami has more than their share of those type penalties.
    I wouldn't necessarily say because a team commits penalties that you can just say it's the coaching!

Phinfan, we're with you. We realize that a huge part of this team's failure is its inability to identify and acquire winning talent. They pass over quality (affordable) guys in free agency, sign guys we don't need, make stupid trades, blow draft after draft and have a hard time even getting the best guys on our own roster onto the field until it's too late to matter. We have a Dez Bryant-like WR on the roster but can't work him into the line-up because he's not as proficient at the two routes our franchise QB can throw (the hitch and the 7 yd, slant) as our other four WRs. It's an insult to my football intelligence to be told that Jarvis Landry is a better Wide Receiver than DeVante Parker. So, basically, we don't have great talent, we don't make the most of what we do have and we often don't even realize that it's there when we do have it. Now there's a winning formula for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kelbail21 View Post
      Phinfan, we're with you. We realize that a huge part of this team's failure is its inability to identify and acquire winning talent. They pass over quality (affordable) guys in free agency, sign guys we don't need, make stupid trades, blow draft after draft and have a hard time even getting the best guys on our own roster onto the field until it's too late to matter. We have a Dez Bryant-like WR on the roster but can't work him into the line-up because he's not as proficient at the two routes our franchise QB can throw (the hitch and the 7 yd, slant) as our other four WRs. It's an insult to my football intelligence to be told that Jarvis Landry is a better Wide Receiver than DeVante Parker. So, basically, we don't have great talent, we don't make the most of what we do have and we often don't even realize that it's there when we do have it. Now there's a winning formula for you.
      oh I agree ,the previous administration was just mind boggling with what they did with talent!
      mathews is just one example,vonte davis,etc.
      lazor's offense hasn't changed ,still the same inept offensive scheme.I thought the offense would get better,but the lazor (chip kelly) offense needs to be burned for it's heat value alone!
      dallas didn't really out play miami,it was more miami out played miami.I could tell those guys where trying ,but normally you can't play sustained at a higher level than the talent level is!
      suh and grimes ,jones they played to a different level than the rest,but the can sustain that level of play,the rest have spirts of higher level of play but can't give that play after play!

Comment

• Daytona Dolfan
        Daytona Dolfan commented
        Editing a comment
        That offense gets burned every week

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X