Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winning is fun!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Winning is fun!

    Isn't everything in your life just better when Miami wins? I am looking forward to this whole week without hearing about how bad we are. I wonder what it would be like if we had a 12 win season?!?! I would be so freaking happy they would have to commit me to an institution of some kind thinking I was crazy.

  • #2
    Winning is ALWAYS more fun than losing (Even if it usually means that all it's helping you towards is a near .500 record & a crappier draft position!) You know what would feel even better??, Actually winning against teams you're supposed to beat, winning a few no one gave you a chance of winning, actually winning when it really means something & one day (dare we dream) actually winning an important game in December & January..Maybe even February (Okay, let's not get CRAZY!!!)

    No one i'm sure enjoys this constant feeling of misery & hopelessness that we've all come to embrace following the Dolphins the last hundred years since we were last relevant (yeah, i know it's only been about 30 or 40 years but it feels like a lifetime) Unfortunately while we watch seemingly every other franchise do well, falter, hit rock bottom before they rise to compete again, we never seem to get better..We change owners, Front Offices, Coaching Staffs & Players, but we remain bottom-dwellers, still losing, still disappointing & most frustrating of all, doing it while still making the same dumb mistakes over & over & over again!

    I'm glad there are fans that can watch a game like yesterday & still feel good about the win..I unfortunately saw pretty much the same ol', same ol'..an unprepared team making the same stupid mistakes & really the only difference was that they knocked the opposing teams starting QB out & were gifted a Sanchez on a platter W...At the end of the day it would still take a miracle for this team to still be playing for something relevant in the next few weeks...
    Last edited by Driven_Phinsane!; 11-16-2015, 12:57 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      10-6 is my prediction.
      The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Aquaaiea View Post
        10-6 is my prediction.
        Are you dyslexic?!

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the key is acceptance. You get to a mindset where you accept that we are a bad to mediocre team and that we are so fundamentally broken, you should expect nothing. No wins. You find joy in being a fan of the team and players and you share the brotherhood of the struggle with other fans. Kind of like Browns fans, or Raiders fans etc. They suck and will most likely suck again this year and next. Fans like you and I and many here spent so many years being on top of the sports world with this franchise, that we can hardly stomach these decades of same old crap. BUT...we can still be fans and enjoy games like yesterday. Of course we showed our glaring weaknesses. Of course we have bad players and coaching. But we can still enjoy the win for what it was. A one week vacation from the misery of losing.


          Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post
          Winning is ALWAYS more fun than losing (Even if it usually means that all it's helping you towards is a near .500 record & a crappier draft position!) You know what would feel even better??, Actually winning against teams you're supposed to beat, winning a few no one gave you a chance of winning, actually winning when it really means something & one day (dare we dream) actually winning an important game in December & January..Maybe even February (Okay, let's not get CRAZY!!!)

          No one i'm sure enjoys this constant feeling of misery & hopelessness that we've all come to embrace following the Dolphins the last hundred years since we were last relevant (yeah, i know it's only been about 30 or 40 years but it feels like a lifetime) Unfortunately while we watch seemingly every other franchise do well, falter, hit rock bottom before they rise to compete again, we never seem to get better..We change owners, Front Offices, Coaching Staffs & Players, but we remain bottom-dwellers, still losing, still disappointing & most frustrating of all, doing it while still making the same dumb mistakes over & over & over again!

          I'm glad there are fans that can watch a game like yesterday & still feel good about the win..I unfortunately saw pretty much the same ol', same ol'..an unprepared team making the same stupid mistakes & really the only difference was that they knocked the opposing teams starting QB out & were gifted a Sanchez on a platter W...At the end of the day it would still take a miracle for this team to still be playing for something relevant in the next few weeks...

          Comment


          • #6
            That's a great point Matt...my problem is i'm just about 56 years old & getting too old for this S-H-I-T!!! I have been following this team from Day-1 & i'm sure like everyone here have given my soul; my blood, sweat & tears to this team (Way, WAY TOO MUCH BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS for my liking!) Not to mention the time, effort & money we've all invested in this team over the years!

            Thankfully, while it took me a long, long time to come to grips with it, i do not let this team ruin my days, weeks & months between August and December anymore..I'm not saying i've come to either accept or understand the constant 'Groundhog Day' year after year after year of the same old shit, because i neither understand it nor will i ever accept it..Football is supposed to be fun, it's supposed to be exciting..But it's really neither when you're never really relevant...That's why i can't look at meaningless wins and take anything good from them..Am i glad we won?? Of course, as i said it's ALWAYS better than the alternative + I'll be a fan 'til the bitter end..But at the end of the day it is what it is, and unfortunately for all of us Groundhogger's, kind of like an empty promise, it amounts to a whole lot of nothing ....

            Comment


            • #7
              Well I think that is what makes the winning feel so good when it comes. After all these years of suffering do you realize how awesome it would be to get back on top? I am 51 so same age bracket as you and I love the team so much this is my second go around at owning a fan web site. Love my Dolphins and yeah I was really disappointed to learn that yet again we are a bad team. After we lost to New England SOOOOO badly I knew we were done. The loss to Buffalo just buried ANY hope for the year. So with the season gone I can just now enjoy football. I think there is a lesson here. You know how Jets fans every year get so caught up in the hype of off season moves etc. that they declare that they are going to the Super Bowl, and then suck? We are falling into that trap. Putting too much emphasis on what happens February through July. I am not jumping on the bandwagon ever, ever again until the momentum of actually winning pulls me on to it. Until then I can just enjoy the few good plays we get a game and the scattered wins and hope someday soon we will find that elusive football executive who knows how to put a team together and a Coach who knows how to make them champions. No more pressure. No more stress. I am also a UM Hurricanes fan so it is the exact same boat for them as well. I just am hunkered down to ride out this bad weather and catching the few rays of sunshine we get to warm us and remind is that there is still daylight out there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Finatic View Post
                Well I think that is what makes the winning feel so good when it comes. After all these years of suffering do you realize how awesome it would be to get back on top? I am 51 so same age bracket as you and I love the team so much this is my second go around at owning a fan web site. Love my Dolphins and yeah I was really disappointed to learn that yet again we are a bad team. After we lost to New England SOOOOO badly I knew we were done. The loss to Buffalo just buried ANY hope for the year. So with the season gone I can just now enjoy football. I think there is a lesson here. You know how Jets fans every year get so caught up in the hype of off season moves etc. that they declare that they are going to the Super Bowl, and then suck? We are falling into that trap. Putting too much emphasis on what happens February through July. I am not jumping on the bandwagon ever, ever again until the momentum of actually winning pulls me on to it. Until then I can just enjoy the few good plays we get a game and the scattered wins and hope someday soon we will find that elusive football executive who knows how to put a team together and a Coach who knows how to make them champions. No more pressure. No more stress. I am also a UM Hurricanes fan so it is the exact same boat for them as well. I just am hunkered down to ride out this bad weather and catching the few rays of sunshine we get to warm us and remind is that there is still daylight out there.
                Sounds good on paper,, but obviously you've been a diehard long enough to know that if they stay true to form they've only lulled you into a false sense of 'the season's over; WE'RE DONE!!!..Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they ran off a few more wins to get us ALL excited once again, falling for it yet again & even mentioning the 'P-Word'..WOW, how soon we forget..Maybe even play ourselves into the driver's seat, controlling our own playoff destiny..hm-m-m, sound familiar?! Only to rip our hearts out once again, shitting the bed with anemic efforts with EVERYTHING on the line & once again ending both our season & our hopes!

                Comment


                • #9
                  [QUOTE=Driven_Phinsane!;n10565]

                  Are you dyslexic?! [/QUOT


                  Hahahaha!!! Hey even 6-10 is an accomplishment for this team! I'm just counting on a Divine Wind hehehe.
                  The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would say this win was more like fun-ny. We won because the Eagles were worse than we were and made more mistakes. I did enjoy winning at the end though. Watching our offensive play calling, Tannehill Quarter backing and our LBs and DBs trying to establish zones? in pass coverage made me think I was watching the Friday night high school game of the week. Chip Kelly is a wreck in Philadelphia. Love to see him coaching the Hurricanes next year. (I know, not a chance).
                    This team has no established offensive or defensive concept. Nobody seems to know their responsibility. Gunny Highway would refer to it as a "clusterf**k". There is some talent, though. Big Suh is a beast. I love that guy. The one game we can not lose is to Dallas. We must not lose to the Cowboys.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They don't get to choose how you feel. That is the secret. You decide how you feel about it. I am not buying until there are wins to prove it. Until then just going to be a solid fan enjoy watching football.

                      Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

                      Sounds good on paper,, but obviously you've been a diehard long enough to know that if they stay true to form they've only lulled you into a false sense of 'the season's over; WE'RE DONE!!!..Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they ran off a few more wins to get us ALL excited once again, falling for it yet again & even mentioning the 'P-Word'..WOW, how soon we forget..Maybe even play ourselves into the driver's seat, controlling our own playoff destiny..hm-m-m, sound familiar?! Only to rip our hearts out once again, shitting the bed with anemic efforts with EVERYTHING on the line & once again ending both our season & our hopes!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Finatic View Post
                        Isn't everything in your life just better when Miami wins? I am looking forward to this whole week without hearing about how bad we are. I wonder what it would be like if we had a 12 win season?!?! I would be so freaking happy they would have to commit me to an institution of some kind thinking I was crazy.
                        I also wonder what it would be like to go 12-5...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's great! when the Ducks, Dolphins and the Warriors win this last Weekend....Now if they can all be champions in the same year....lol I'll settle for just the Dolphins..

                          Comment

                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X