Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a traveling fan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm a traveling fan

    Diehard fan since the early 70s. I have yelled, cursed laughed, cheered and yes even cried watching my Dolphins. Darrius Rucker isn't the only one. I proudly wore my Dolphins gear when I lived in the Philadelphia area and I know proudly wear it living in Kansas City.
    Can we sign this guy?

  • #2
    REPRESENT!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hope to get to know all you guys a little better soon.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oooooooh BBQ city!!! Hi KC! Hope to interchat with you soon.
        The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

        Comment


        • #5
          You're a brave fan, FinFan

          Comment


          • #6
            Looking forward to getting to know all of you guys. I think it's gonna be a good year to be a Dolphins fan. And oh yeah we have BBQ here. Stop by sometime and we'll get some!
            Can we sign this guy?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hulagal View Post
              You're a brave fan, FinFan
              My sentiments EXACTLY!!! I remember going to several games in old Veterans Stadium (yeah, the one with the Magistrate & jail cells under the stadium) & counted myself lucky to get outta there alive! Philly sports fans are a different animal altogether!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Well I was fortunate that the Dolphins didn't play in Philly when I lived there so I didn't have to decide to go or not. I most likely wouldn't have went. It is a rough crowd. I knew Eagles fans who didn't go just because it would get so rowdy. And there rooting for the home team!
                Can we sign this guy?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FinFan in KC View Post
                  Well I was fortunate that the Dolphins didn't play in Philly when I lived there so I didn't have to decide to go or not. I most likely wouldn't have went. It is a rough crowd. I knew Eagles fans who didn't go just because it would get so rowdy. And there rooting for the home team!
                  I was there once & watched an Eagles fan jump down about 4 or 5 rows with a flying dropkick and proceed to beat a Dolphins fan (who was drunk, belligerent & talking sh#t) senseless! Happened just a few seats to the left of me and the unbelievable part was..IT WAS A PRESEASON GAME!!!

                  That being said, i was also fortunate enough to be there when Don Shula broke Halas's all-time win record and the crowd was respectful enough to give him a standing-o as the players carried him off the field...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

                    I was there once & watched an Eagles fan jump down about 4 or 5 rows with a flying dropkick and proceed to beat a Dolphins fan (who was drunk, belligerent & talking sh#t) senseless! Happened just a few seats to the left of me and the unbelievable part was..IT WAS A PRESEASON GAME!!!

                    That being said, i was also fortunate enough to be there when Don Shula broke Halas's all-time win record and the crowd was respectful enough to give him a standing-o as the players carried him off the field...

                    Wow! Great story. I'm glad the fans showed Shula the respect he deserved. Reminds me of when Marino threw his 400th TD @ New Orleans and the crowd gave him a standing ovation. I think for the most part this represents sports fans. Unfortunately only the knuckleheads get the press.
                    Can we sign this guy?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FinFan in KC View Post


                      Wow! Great story. I'm glad the fans showed Shula the respect he deserved. Reminds me of when Marino threw his 400th TD @ New Orleans and the crowd gave him a standing ovation. I think for the most part this represents sports fans. Unfortunately only the knuckleheads get the press.
                      Yeah, one of my greatest sports memories (Shula's record win not watching a fellow Fins fan get pummeled like some drunken idiot telling Mike Tyson his face tatoo makes him look gay!)

                      And yes, i agree..the majority of true sports fans are very knowledgeable & respectful when it comes right down to it..problem is there are two things that were never meant to be mixed; alcohol & rabid sports fans!

                      Comment

                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X