Miles Jack @ #8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles Jack @ #8

Draft Geek Mock from last week... http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2016nflmockdraft.html

8) Miami Dolphins - Myles Jack (LB UCLA) Myles Jack 2016 NFL Mock Draft

The Dolphins biggest need is for a cornerback opposite Brent Grimes, but with Hargreaves off the board Mackensie Alexander would be a reach here, and especially so with Myles Jack still sitting on the board. Pound for pound, Jack is arguably the best athlete in the entire draft and is one of the most unique, game-changing linebackers I have ever scouted. With world class speed and naturally overpowering strength, Jack is a mismatch for anybody attempting to block him and can lock down any athlete on the field in coverage. Combine that with his instincts, and he'd be a perfect fit in Miami's defense in between Jelani Jenkins and Koa Misi, and behind Ndamukong Suh.

38) Miami Dolphins - Shaq Lawson (Edge Clemson)

We talk about Lawson's run support first because it's what sets him apart, but his pass rushing skills are explosive, refined, and not to be slept on. Lawson came to Clemson as a standard 240 pound edge rusher, but even as he continued to grow in strength and girth, his athleticism was never sapped. To be sure, Lawson highlights as a power rusher, but what makes him so dominant is the swiftness and violence in which he sheds opposing lineman. His rip and swim are tremendous weapons of his, and also his counter moves are refined, allowing him to still get pressure even if his initial move is unsuccessful.
    69) Miami Dolphins - Keivarae Russell (CB Notre Dame)

Ackkkkk...

Jack AND Lawson would be a hellova defensive haul in the first 2 rounds.

As for Russell... Hell no. He is a stupid guy who was busted for cheating, lying, and off field behavior issues. Can't tackle and lacks smarts and doesn't play the ball in the air, but the receiver. He was kicked off the Notre Dame team and then decided to join the draft. Give me Fuller, Burns, or Howard instead...

I would be happy with Miles Jack. He should be ready for the season evn with his knee injury.
    The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Yes... if we're taking a LB in the first, I'd rather Jack than Ragland...

Comment

• AquaXI
        AquaXI commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree. Hearing too much aboutnRagland being a thumper but he does not put the fear in opposing offenses on passing games.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X