Cuchulain Mock Draft Version 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuchulain Mock Draft Version 1

There are 2 guys I'd trade up from #8 for - Ramsey and Hargreaves.

Staying at #8, I'm hoping either one of those 2 fall, or I take Mackensie Alexander.

I think we have to target defense early this draft and IF we are moving to a 3-4 or more of a hybrid, I'm targeting guys like these starting in the 2nd round:

Shilique Calhoun - Mich St. DE
    Noah Spence - Ohio St / EK DE - character issues
    Kevin Dodd - CL DE
    Kyler Fackrell - Utah St OLB
    Chris Jones - Miss St DT
    Adam Gotsis - GT DT
    Jonathan Allen - AL DE
    Jarran Reed - AL DT

LOL... not really a mock. I was stating an opinion on what I'd do in the 1st round and some guys I'd like to target starting in the 2nd IF we're looking to move to a 3-4 hybrid defense.

Comment

No LB in the bunch????

Comment

• gulfcoast74
        gulfcoast74 commented
        Editing a comment
        Missed that one

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, DP...

And again - not a real mock, just some guys to target early if we'll transitioning to a 3-4. As much as I'd love a stone cold killer at MLB, we must have an ass kicking assassin at CB. Also, we're light on the DL. No word on Mitchell. OV may be gone as well. Shelby is a FA. Wake is an unknown quality now. We dumped Mosley. That leaves Suh, Phillips, and Fede...

We can address LB later. Really like Blake Martinez out of Stanford and Zach Vigil out of Utah. Cassanova McKinzy is another I'd take a late round flyer on.

• Driven_Phinsane!
        Driven_Phinsane! commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries...But i do disagree that we can address LB later,, we do that every year & look where it's gotten us!

McKinzy suffered a knee injury in the bowl game. Don't know how bad but was on crutches in second half.
      LB were by far our worst unit and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later in my opinion. And McKinzy is not an answer.

Comment

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure I'd consider LB our worst unit over FS and CB.

The LB unit was bad, but Jenkins had a knee issue most of the year and Hewitt showed enough for consideration next season. I'm not a Misi fan, but when healthy he can play Mike. Sheppard is depth. I'd love a top stud LB, but just don't see this unit as bad as our secondary where we have Reshad Jones and an old and oft injured Grimes and no viable starter. Bobby mcCain and Tony Lippett are developmental guys. Aikens and Thomas aren't answers eithers...

YMMV.

• gulfcoast74
        gulfcoast74 commented
        Editing a comment
        Misi is depth at best and injured more often than not. Sheppard just strait up SUCKS and should be back up ball boy at best. Agree we need secondary players but hopefully free agency will provide help there. We haven't had a decent LB since Zack was run out of town.

• cuchulainn
        cuchulainn commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh c'mon now. You weren't a Crowder fan? JK... lol...

Actually I liked Crowder better than what I saw this year, but I don't like mentioning him and Zach in the same sentence!

Comment

Originally posted by gulfcoast74 View Post
        McKinzy suffered a knee injury in the bowl game. Don't know how bad but was on crutches in second half.
        LB were by far our worst unit and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later in my opinion. And McKinzy is not an answer.
        I think I heard somewhere that McKinzy is returning to Auburn for his senior season.

Comment

• gulfcoast74
          gulfcoast74 commented
          Editing a comment
          He is or was a senior.

Originally posted by Phintim Menace View Post
        Actually I liked Crowder better than what I saw this year, but I don't like mentioning him and Zach in the same sentence!
        Couldn't stand Channing Clownder, the guy couldn't make a play to save his life (Correction: He made an interception once when Brady drilled the ball into his stomach) other than to make tackles after the play had gained 5-7 yards...But as shitty as our LB's are now, i almost wish we still had him..almost....

Comment

Originally posted by Driven_Phinsane! View Post

Couldn't stand Channing Clownder, the guy couldn't make a play to save his life (Correction: He made an interception once when Brady drilled the ball into his stomach) other than to make tackles after the play had gained 5-7 yards...But as shitty as our LB's are now, i almost wish we still had him..almost....

Ummmm No. The only guy who thought he had any talent was himself. He was so sure that another team would snap him up and look what happened. "Crickets"
          While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

• Driven_Phinsane!
            Driven_Phinsane! commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah,, that's why i clarified with 'almost'...The guy is a legend in his own mind!

• cuchulainn
            cuchulainn commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, that explains why O-Miko and Crowder get along so well...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X