WTH happened to Colin Kaepernick???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTH happened to Colin Kaepernick???

Man, you talk about a 'Shooting Star' crashing back down to earth; Kaepernick arrived on the scene a few years ago as a highly touted 2nd round pick of the 49ers out of Nevada (I know many were high on his potential including myself & especially my good bud D1) he started as Alex Smiths backup in San Fran, but took over as starter in 2012 when Smith went down with injury and remained the full-time starter even when Smith was ready to return (prompting Smith to end up with the Chiefs)

Kaepernick took the 9ers to the playoffs and pretty much set the league on fire with his exciting run & gun style of football, more importantly perhaps is that he looked like a sure-fire WINNER! He broke the NFL record for a single game (playoff & regular season) rushing yds by a QB in his first playoff game, beat the Falcons in the NFC Championship game, led the 9ers to their first SB since '94 before barely losing to the Ravens...

His dream-like start continued through 2013 as he opened the season against the Packers with 3 TD passes & a career best 412 yds., the first 400 yd., 3 TD performance by a 49ers QB in 14 years! He once again led the 9ers to the NFC Championship game where he helped lead his team to 4th quarter lead against the Seahawks with his passing along with another 130 yds. rushing..Unfortunately that's when his good fortune would end as he not only surrendered the lead with 2 turnovers but he'd get his team in a position to win the game before a tipped pass would lead to another interception thus ending their hopes for a return consecutive trip to the Super Bowl - Still, he had another really good year throwing for 3,200 yds, 21 TD's & only 8 Int's & also rushing for over 500 yds & 4 scores..

In 2014 the 9ers signed him to a fat 6 yr. contract extension and though he had another decent year stat-wise, it seemed the luster had seriously worn off both the team and his own personal star..Both the 9ers & Kaepernick all of a sudden seemed the epitome of disarray & dysfunction, seemed neither Kap nor the team could catch a break or do anything right...This continued into this season and his play was so poor he was eventually benched for Blaine Gabbert,, BLAINE GABBERT, the Jax. Jaguar Bust!!! To add injury to insult, he was just put on season-ending IR with a shoulder injury and many think he'll never play another game for the 9ers..Man, now that's an unbelievable fall from grace! My only question is how does this happen..How can a guy go from playing light's-out, winning football & turning the league on its ear one minute to a clipboard toting bust the next?? Hey, maybe Tannehill can do something similar in reverse-order,, maybe there's hope afterall! ‚Äč
    Last edited by Driven_Phinsane!; 11-22-2015, 10:23 AM.

Yeah, I loved Kap and I'm as shocked as anyone with his downward spiral. I don't know where it all went wrong for him but I think it's partially what some of the guys have been talking about with defenses starting to figure out how to defend against these types of QB's. I'd still grab him up though as I think he's got a better chance of being a good QB than Tannehill does but that's JMHO.
    While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan1 View Post
      Yeah, I loved Kap and I'm as shocked as anyone with his downward spiral. I don't know where it all went wrong for him but I think it's partially what some of the guys have been talking about with defenses starting to figure out how to defend against these types of QB's. I'd still grab him up though as I think he's got a better chance of being a good QB than Tannehill does but that's JMHO.
      I just read where 3 teams inquired about trading for him right before the trade deadline but i guess they couldn't take on his huge cap hit (no pun intended) You'd of thought the 9ers would work it to where they'd absorb some of it if they could've gotten decent value for him cuz it sounds like they may cut him & get nothing before 2016...

Comment

Yep. The article I read said he's probably played his last game for them. I think there is more there than we are actually hearing, maybe he isn't a good team mate or something?
        While it takes two to have an argument, it only takes one to walk away.

Comment

That could very well be; i remember when Tomsula benched him he said that Kap just needed to take a step back & catch his breath & i think Kap responded that his breathing was fine & he had no idea what the the coach was talking about...I know you want an absolute competitor at the QB position who's never happy about being benched, but sometimes you have to clue in and go along to get along!

Comment

Tats vs pretty boy? I guess I'm satisfied with my sacks 5th avenuehehehe!
            Last edited by AquaXI; 11-23-2015, 08:14 PM.
            The deeper the roots, the higher the reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquaaiea View Post
              Tats vs pretty boy? I guess I'm satisfied with my sacks 5th avenuehehehe!
              lol, Sacks 5th Avenue..I like it!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X